Guilty? Or Caring?

Aurora POV

I had to get myself together. I knew that I had to get used to the fact that I had to share my life with somebody else.

The emptiness inside me just wouldn't leave. I remember how I felt yesterday. I don't want to feel that way ever again.

I put my book down and get out of the room. I had to learn how not to be afraid when going through these stairs. Not to be afraid of the people I encounter with every time I walk out of my room. I had to get used to what was now my life.

After I climb the stairs, without even noticing I find myself in front of the piano room. I let the peaceful feeling of watching that place take over me and I walk inside.

Slowly my steps walk towards the wanted destination. My fingers slide softly through the shiny structure of the object. I adore it. I adored the tranquility and serenity that this place gave me.

I sit down and let all my feelings flow...

Dario POV

"Sir he will start to become a threat!"-Brad says to me.

"We will see what we are going to do with him very soon."-I tell him.

"Just say the word. You know I can end him."-he continues.

Suddenly I hear the familiar sound upstairs playing in my ear. I smile slightly.

"Sir?"-Brad asks, probably noticing my reaction.

"That won't be smart. We shouldn't take rushed decisions while dealing with him. Don't worry we will end him soon. You may leave now."-I say to him.

He turns around and leaves as the music still played. I guess she was okay.

***

Aurora POV

This place was probably the only thing that gave me a little bit of happiness. Being able to do this meant that I could still do something by myself and that gave me hope, hope that I could do more than this.

My hands stop moving and with them so does the sound of music. I turn my head around and there he was. Standing there, looking inside.

Quickly I get up and he looks at me. It looked like my movement woke him up. It was like he wasn't paying attention, like he was thinking of something else.

"Please, don't! You don't have to leave."-he says.

He sounded different. Like... like he was caring, more thoughtful and mature.

I sat down again. I wonder what's on his mind.

"You know, my mother used to love this, just like you. Sometimes she would stay in here all the time, reading her books and most of all playing the piano."-he says as I just sat there listening to him.

He chuckles lightly and continues:"And I loved listening to her. I remember I used to fall asleep here under the sounds of her playing Debussy. Then she would pick me up and carry me to my room where she would lay me on my bed."

I stood there listening to him, more surprised than ever. He was telling me things he would never say to anyone, he was being soft and caring. This was a side of him that I had never encountered before.

After finishing that sentence it felt like he was hurt, like he was suffering. But he is quick to brush that feeling off.

He takes his sight off the piano and turns his head to look at me.

"I get that you are feeling better?"-he asks.

"Yes, yes I am."-I simply reply.

"That's good."-he says and turns around to leave.

"You don't have to feel obligated to leave. You can stay if you want."- I say to him. I didn't even knew how those words came out of my mouth.

He just stands there at the door, turning his head to look at me.

"I know.. and Aurora... you don't have to feel nervous about walking inside this room. You can come in anytime you wish... I would like that..."-he says leaving me speechless.

He leaves the door and I am left confused. Who was the man I just saw and talked to? Who could have such a caring and soft side?

^^^

Dario POV

All the rest of the day I could only think of her. Of that moment. I would have never said those things in other circumstances. She made me open up about things I have never spoken to anyone else. What was going on with me? Was I feeling guilty or was I being caring towards her?

I didn't knew what was going on with me. Why did I had those feelings?

I take my tie and shirt off and lay down on my bed. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. As I run my hands in my hair I hear once again the sound of the piano.

This time it wasn't sad, it didn't even felt like her. But I definitely knew that sound.. It was the sound of my childhood, the sound I would always fall asleep to. Clair de lune by Debussy.

I smile. She actually listened to me and she was now playing the song my mother used to play.

Was this her way of expressing herself? Was that how she was feeling now? The smile on my face didn't left even after I turned around trying to find some sleep.
____________

Hey guys! How'd you like it? There will be a surprise for you in the middle of the next week.
Lot's of love badgal 🌟