New Year's ball

Aurora POV

Lately me and him are getting along, well as long as we don't say anything to each other. I have seen him a few times from far away, but we haven't talked. I wouldn't know what to say to him. I couldn't believe what happened between us. I couldn't believe I had kissed him.. Twice! I don't even know how to feel about him. He was so sweet and calm.. How can he be a ruthless monster too?

After a few more thoughts like this I get up from the couch to go to the living room. I was feeling kind of hungry, but I knew it wasn't time for lunch yet.

I get downstairs and walk through the hall where I see some decorations and some big and very expensive boxes.

What was going on? Why were all of these things here?

After I wonder around for a good amount of time I see him. He was talking to another man and pointing somewhere on the ceiling. After a while the man goes and he turns around.

He raises his head looking at me and starts walking in my direction.

"What is going on?"-I ask him.

"I was going to talk to you about this."-he says in a smooth, low voice.-"You know we haven't organized a classic gathering and make our appearance."

"And when are we going to make this appearance?"-I ask.

"Tomorrow."-he simply says.-"I had someone to organize everything. So we don't have to bother with any of it, because I know you wouldn't like taking part in all of this."-he reasons.

"It is true, but I would have liked for you to tell me about it earlier. If you wouldn't have seen me here when would you tell me?"

"I don't know, but that doesn't matter anymore because you already found out. The new year is coming so it is the perfect occasion. We organize a New Year's ball and make our appearance."-he explains to me.

"I guess that is the smartest thing to do."-I say and walk away from him.

I knew that I had to talk to him about what happened, but I just couldn't get beat myself to do it.

***
The next day...

I got out of the shower and started to get ready. I knew that I had to talk to him in one way or another about what happened. Being like this wouldn't bring me any good, besides we live together and that would make things very awkward. I knew that my life was related with his now and I had to play my part of it. It was and inescapable fact. God I need to stop tormenting myself with the thought of that damn kiss... that beautiful, magical kiss.

I dry my hair and curl the ends of them. After that I do my make up and my eyeshadow in clear and silver colors. I put on some light pink lipstick.

After my makeup was finally done I open the closet to take a good look at my Michael Cinco gown. It looked perfect. I felt sad only because a beautiful gown like this should be dressed in happy celebrations, when you feel the happiness and not fake it.