Troubles

How... how did he knew all of those things? How was he able to see right through me sometimes?

"Are your observation skills supposed to intimidate me?"-I ask.

He smiles:"No of course not, they were meant to show something else."

As I was trying to understand what he meant by that, we are interrupted by one of the guards.

"I told you not to interrupt me."-he says angrily.

"Sir, I think you might want to hear this."-the man says and with that he goes, leaving me alone in the middle of the hall.

What was so important that he had to go like that? What was going on?

And with these questions I find myself worrying about him. Something I have never done before. Probably because I didn't care, but lately I have found myself caring about him a lot. First, it was the song on the piano and now this.... What was going on with me? Why was I thinking about him so often? Why did I kiss him?

I started daydreaming about him and now I feel incomplete when he is not beside me. Why am I craving his presence so much lately when some time ago all I wanted was to get away from him? Why do I want so desperately to kiss him?..

I sit down on a chair waiting for him to get back. And he does after a while, but he seemed different kind of angry, but most of all worried.

He comes close to me and grabs my waist. I didn't knew why, but I felt something inside my stomach. He approaches to my ear and speaks:" It's a good thing the people are leaving because we would have to end the party earlier."

"Is everything okay."-I simply ask him.

"There are a few small problems going on, but don't worry, I will fix them."-he says holding me close.
In that moment I felt safe, I felt like nothing could ever harm me as long as he was there, with me.

The time passes and all the people have left. I turn and walk towards him. He sees me and grabs my hand:"Are you okay?" He asks noticing my worried expression.

"Not really, I don't understand what is going on."-I say to him.

"You don't have to worry. Everything is going to be okay."-he says wrapping his arm around me.

And I wanted to believe him, I wanted to feel like we were safe and everything would be alright. But I knew that in our world nothing was okay.

"Don't worry yourself with unimportant things and go to sleep. Tomorrow everything will be better."-he says and I simply agree. I guess I was too tired to think of anything at the moment.

I get to my room and lay down on the bed. I really couldn't sleep. I was worried about what he was hiding me. He said it wasn't important, but I could tell from the look on his face that it wasn't at all.

The next morning I wake up and after I take a shower and get dressed I find my way towards his room.

I knock and few times and then enter, but nobody was inside. Once again I find myself thinking about him and the situation that had him worried so much last night. I get downstairs where the door opens and a few men enter. I had seen them before with him, but this time something was different. This time he wasn't there, but one of the men was bloody. He had been shot.

The men that entered the room are now encountered by the ones that patrol the house.

"Quick someone has to attend him."-one of the men said.

Inside the house there was a complete chaos and the only person with the power of managing this whole thing wasn't there.

"Where is my husband?"-I ask one of the men close to me.

"He is coming ma'am, he should be here anytime by now.-he says.

It felt wired when I directed him as my husband. I felt something. An awkward feeling. The surprising thing was that it wasn't a negative one.

Some of the man move and some stay with me. Even though the man told me that he was coming I still felt worried.

All of my worries seem to go away as soon as I see him walk through that door.

He looks at me, but something wasn't right, he seemed tense.

Something wasn't right, and it was time for me to find out what was happening.
___________________________