Christmas presents and Mistletoe

Lately I have been feeling happier. I guess it's because of the Christmas atmosphere going around. I have always loved winter because of these holidays and the snow. It's the perfect time to snuggle under a blanket, or bake cookies and drink hot chocolate.

Quickly I get up from my bed and start getting dressed. It was the Christmas morning. I don't even know why am I in such a hurry it's not like there will be presents under that giant Christmas tree in the hall.

I put on a red dress and tie my hair up with a bow. I put on my Gianvito Rossi heels and go downstairs.

I walk slowly down the stairs not wanting to wake people up

I walk slowly down the stairs not wanting to wake people up. I guess it was kind of early. But I liked it, this way I could enjoy some this holiday alone and taking in some of its magic.

As I go downstairs I hear a noise. I guess Elena has woken up earlier today too.

Well I thought it was her, but in fact it was not. There was somebody else leaving something under that big tree. That somebody was him.

He looks at me and gets up:
"I guess I'm just not good at playing Santa Claus."-he says smiling and placing his hand behind his neck.

"I think you were doing pretty well."-I say giving him a smile.

"Well that was until you came, it's really bad when somebody catches you placing a present for them under the Christmas tree."-he says.

Wait... so that gift is for me? Why give me a gift?

"You mean to tell me that you woke up this early in the morning to put a present for me under the tree?"-I ask him.

"It seems like I did."-he simply says smiling charmingly.

I approach to look at a Cartier red box waiting for me under the tree.

"It's not that great when they open it in front of the person that gave it."-he says trying to stop me from opening it.

"Are you kidding? That is the best part!"-I say and reach for the box before he could stop me.

There was a small note on top of the box:"You have made this period very special and precious for me. I never thought I could be like this again.. thank you."

"This was the reason why you wanted me to open it without your presence?"-I say, but don't look at him.

I open the box and see a marvelous ruby and diamond necklace.

Shocked by the expensive gift I turn around to look at him.

"I'm sorry I cannot accept this. It's too much and I don't have any present for..."

He stops my by grabbing my hand and placing it on his chest.

"Please take it. You read the note. You have made this period very special and I want you to have it."-he says.

I could feel his heart beating. We were close, so dangerously close.

"I didn't do anything special."-I simply say trying desperately to take my mind off of my hand next to his chest.

"Yes you did. You gave me something I hadn't had for a long time. Pure happiness. Happiness that has nothing to do with money or power. You made me feel like I could be a better man."-he says, his heartbeat rising.

"I'm glad to hear that."-I say.-"In that case you need to put this necklace on me."-I say handing him the expensive gift.

He takes it and places my ponytail aside, his warm hands moving slowly against my neck.

"Thank you."-I say.

"You have nothing to thank me for."-he says looking me in the eyes.

I smile.

"Merry Christmas Aurora."
"Merry Christmas Dario."

And with that he leans in and kisses me. I stand there shocked, but the wave of emotions was too much so I did what I never thought I would do: I KISS HIM BACK.
His soft lips were moving softly against mine. I had never experienced something like this. It was so sweet and it made me want more. Why was I doing this?

I just give into the kiss forgetting about everything. All the insecurities, all the dilemmas. His lips next to mine were the most important thing happening right now.

And for a brief moment we pull back starring right into each other's eyes. His dark ones were shining and he was smiling.

He raises his head to look at the ceiling.

"Mistletoe."-he says and I raise my head to look at the plant wrapped with a red ribbon standing on the ceiling.

He softly places his and on my cheek and kisses me again...

I wanted this, I actually wanted this and after this I will probably go running upstairs to my room and lock myself inside.

***

Well that was sweet! Don't you guys think so too? And This was my gift for you guys. Merry Christmas 🎁🎄
Lot's of love badgal ♥️