Promise to let go

Aurora POV

But it seemed that it wasn't the floor shaking it was just my body trying to react to the bullet that just came in contact with it. My hole body was trembling and something was pouring out of it. I was shot..

I could feel Dario's arms holding me, but I couldn't really understand what he was talking about. Everything was so... confusing.

Pain, so much pain. A tear was going down my cheeks. And then I felt the darkness take over me...

Dario's POV

"Dario, I..."-she says and then I hear a gunshot. I thought I was shot, but I didn't feel anything. The worst pain came when I saw her. They shot her...

I grab her in my arms holding her, desperately trying to give her energy, but it wasn't working. She was fading away.. I could feel her fading away from me. She was slowly slipping from my arms and no matter how strong I was holding her it was like she was melting. She was melting and I couldn't stop it, she was slipping away and I couldn't do anything.

I keep holding her like I was gripping on my own life. Hell, I was because she was my life, my heart, my soul.

She wasn't leaving, she couldn't leave, not after just a few moments of peace. She couldn't leave like that.

"NO, NOO!!! Please don't!!.... PLEASE!"-I yell at the top of my lungs begging her to come back. Desperately hoping that she could listen to me. Tears started going down my cheeks. Please...

"You have to get better my love. Love? Love please open your eyes. My angel are you listening to me? Angel? Angel please don't....."-I say holding her tight and trying to make her react. Her cheeks were cold...

People started coming out of their rooms.

"Call an ambulance!"-I yell. They were shocked.-"CALL A FUCKING AMBULANCE BEFORE I KILL EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!!!"-I yell at the top of my lungs trying to take out my anger and pain.

I put my hand to her chest and start adding pressure so that the wound would stop bleeding.

She wasn't reacting.. God please no, please don't take the only happiness I have away from me.

I was sobbing like a child scared from the idea of loosing her. She was the only good thing that I had in my life. My light, my peace, I couldn't loose her..

In a few moments some paramedics come and they take her. I stood behind them. I couldn't leave her side for a second. She had to get better and I had to be there with her.

We get to the hospital and the doctors come quickly to get her.

"Is she going to be okay? TELL ME SHE IS GOING TO BE OKAY!!!"-I yell to the doctor grabbing him by the jacket.

"Her condition is really bad, we don't know if she is going to make it."-he says and all the strength that I had left vanished from my body.

The big, scary Dario had lost all his strength. Now I was just an ordinary man. All I did was love a woman and they stole that from me..

First my parents.. now my wife...

After a very long time I put my hands together and do something I never thought I would do.

Dear God...
I know that it has been a very long time since the last time I have talked to you. I didn't even knew that we still shared a bond. But I won't be praying for me. I will be praying for her.
You have brought an angel in my life, please don't take her away from me, not so soon. I would give my own life for hers in exchange if necessary. Because I feel for her in a way I have never felt for anyone else. Because I love her more than anything I have, more than my life. Please bring her back to me.

I pray, tears flowing down my cheeks. I have never cried like this since that night when I found out that my parents had died. Now here I go crying again.

My hearts was aching, my chest was burning. I couldn't stand the thought of loosing her. She had become an inseparable part of me. If she dies, I die.

The doctor comes outside and I get up from the chair I was sitting.

"You can go inside and see her just for a few moments. The next hours are going to determine what will happen, but we cannot guarantee you anything."-the doctor says and I walk inside her room.

She was there laying in bed looking beautiful, but more pale, her lips were darker and her long eyelashes were making shade on her cheekbones.

"Angel now you know how much I love you. And as much as I want you to be with me, I care about your wellbeing. Please get better, please be strong and wake up. If you wake up, I promise... I promise to let you go. I promise I'm going to let you walk away from me if that is going to make you happier and keep you safer. I only want you to be okay."-I say wiping my tears away. I take her delicate hand holding it for a few moments.

There was nothing I could do. Sometimes we mobsters think that we are powerful, but once again God makes us realize that we are not. We cannot control everything. We can't give life to those that we love no matter how much we want to. I was powerful, but the love of my life was laying in a bed right next to me fighting for her life while all I could do was sit there.

Not being able to stand this situation anymore I get out of my room.

"Did you find him?"-I ask on the phone one of my people.

"Not yet, but we might have an idea where he might be."-he says.

"I am coming."-I say and end the call. If I couldn't give life, then I would take one.

^^^

I have actually cried while writing this! Let's hope things will be okay.
Lot's of love badgal 💖