Unexpected romance

The travel to Italy was surprisingly comfortable and I felt in peace with myself now that him and I had fixed our issues.

Yet a thought was still bothering me. Would he have tried to explain the situation even if I didn't explain him how I felt? Would he bother explaining if I stayed quiet?

These thoughts had an ending when I see the time. We were going to meet with the other bosses to discuss about that man that was threatening us. Another disturbing thought came into my mind. I don't know much about our rules, but I know that you have to ask permission to the other families if you want to kill someone that is part of one of the families. So who is that man??

I get ready and open the door of my hotel room.

He was standing there beside the staircase looking at another direction. Then he turns his head to look at me. He smiles and I approach to him.

"Ready to go?"-he asks intertwining my arm with his.

"Ready."-I reply.

Actually I wasn't going inside the meeting. Not because he didn't wanted me to because he asked, but it was my decision not to go. I don't want to have anything to do with the mafia business. Well, truth be told I was born in a mafia family and my husband is a mafia boss, but I was sick and done of it so I didn't want to play a part. I was done with all the bloodshed, with all the pain and suffering. I just hope this ends quickly and that we are safe.

We get inside the car where he takes a cigar out of his pocket. He before he lights it up he turns his head to look at me waiting for an approval he wasn't going to get. But he knew that so he smiles lights and puts the cigar inside his pocket.

"Are you sure that you don't want to come to the meeting?"-he asks again.

"Yes, I am. I am done with all the mafia wars and pain."-I say. All I wanted was for this to be over.

In that moment the car stops.

"What is happening Theon?"-he asks the driver.

"I don't know sir, but it seems like the street is closed. There are many cars waiting in line."-the driver says.

"We are never going to make it on time."-he says frustrated.

"Is there another way?"-I ask Theon.

"I'm afraid not ma'am. The only way to go is through the canals with a gondola."-he replies.

"Well then I guess we just found our solution."-I say.

He looks at me surprised "But that's insane. There is no way that we can go there like that."

"Don't you want to go there? Well this is the only way. We didn't come all the way here for nothing."-I say insisting.

"I'm surprised miss.Aurora. Let's go then."-he says smiling.

After a while we had found a boat. He jumps first and then extends his hand for me to hold.

Under his touch I felt electrocuted once again. My thoughts take over me and I lose my balance. But his reflect was stronger so he grabs my hand and with the other one grips my waist holding me close to himself.

We were now looking into each other's eyes. His black eyes looked so different under the Venetian sky. Maybe the people that were looking at us thought we were crazy.

He slowly raises me up and helps me get on the Venetian boat where I sit down.

"Well this is... Unexpectedly romantic."-he says with satisfaction in his voice.

"I thought you didn't like romance."-I say to him.

"I don't. .. Or at least I thought I didn't."- he says in a low voice.

He didn't liked romance, but he acts like a hopeless one. He tries to be mean, but also be kind. How could I possibly understand him?-I think to myself as I was sitting in the car. The door opens and he comes inside.

"How did the meeting go?"-I ask him.

"Just like I expected."-he says in a serious tone. Great here we go with the secrets again.

The engine starts and we go to our hotel. The ride was quiet. It was insane how we could go from being totally honest and nice to each other to detached and secretive.

He had done a lot for me, but he still acts like I am his enemy. I try to push him away, he comes closer. I decide to let him in, he takes a step back. We go hot to cold. Honest and secretive.

"Thank you."-I say to him when I arrive at the hotel.

"For what?"-he asks.

"For thinking twice when you are in my presence, for being honest and thoughtful."

He smiles lightly:"I could do so much more when it comes to you."

But you don't.. I think to myself.