Chapter 5

Wendy slowly opened her eyes as she groaned at the throbbing in her head. She suddenly shot up, remembering what had happened. She found herself on a beach as the crystal blue waves washed up by her feet. Behind her she noticed the green woods and hills of Neverland as the beach surrounded the entire island. Wendy slowly sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"This has to be a dream," she thought to herself, "This place is too marvelous to be real."

She walked around, admiring the beauty in front of her. Then, she realized she almost forgot how she arrived here.

Shadow.

"Shadow!" She called out, "Shadow, I-I don't know where to go."

The shadow never showed itself to her and she sighed. She roamed around the island more and wondered what she should do since the shadow had gone.

"Help!"

Wendy turned her head to the forest as she heard someone scream. It sounded like a little boy, calling for help.

Michael.

"Help! Help!"

"Michael!" Wendy yelled as she ran into the woods, listening to the cries of help.

She found the source of the screams were not from her brother like she hoped, but of a little boy. He had to be about five or six years old and he was dressed in a white shirt with a furry black vest and black ripped pants. He had short black hair and wore a cap with a skunk tail on the back on top of his head. The boy was tied up to a tree with rope and hysterically crying.

"Now, now. Don't worry," Wendy exclaimed as she went to undo all the knots from the rope. "I'll get you out in no time okay?"

"Please hurry." The boy cried, "I've been here for hours. Those boys think they can be so funny. Well, I'll show them! I'll show them!"

"I'm sure you will," Wendy said as she untied the last knot and the rope loosened it's grip around the boy.

He stepped back and started getting the rope away from him. He angrily kicked it and stopped on it as Wendy tried to hold back laughs at the sight in front of her.

"Well, you're all free." Wendy said.

"It's about time! I'm gonna get them back for this! I promise you I will!"

Wendy laughed, "I hope you come up with the most diabolical plan!"

"Oh I will! Don't you worry! They won't see it coming!" The boy said as he started doing fighting moves in front of a tree. Wendy smiled at the fearlessness of the boy.

He suddenly looked at her and gasped, "Oh my gosh, you're a girl!"

"Yes," Wendy laughed, "Are you surprised?"

"Well, yea. Pan doesn't like girls. He never lets them on Neverland for too long."

"Hmm," Wendy said, "Well, I guess I'm the first then!"

She kneeled down before the boy and held out her hand.

"Wendy Darling."

The boy smiled and shook Wendy's hand.

"Alfie!"