Chapter 11

"We need you to destroy Peter Pan."

The words kept repeating in Wendy's head over and over again, and every time she heard them, the more unbelievable it sounded. She was pacing up and down the small tree house, not understanding how she got to where she was.

"Thats-I-How, you want me to-but- I can't!!"

"Wendy, this is what you were destined to do."

"I don't understand."

"Your power is the greatest I have seen in all my days of living."

"I have no powers! There is no possible way! I....I'm a simple farm girl!"

"That's where you are wrong, Wendy. Your past is not what you think it is."

"Well, you seem to have all the answers! Explain then!"

"Wendy, when Michael and John were taken by that shadow, the shadow also tried to take you with them. You used your power to stop it, but your power was so new and strong that it made you faint, so you were unable to save your brothers. It was like you were-"

"Like I was paralyzed." Wendy stared at the queen, "Like my dreams."

"Yes, dear."

"But...how do you know this?"

"One of my fairies is good friends with the shadow and was watching close by.  She saw your power and came back to me and told me about it. And we knew that if you had such power to defeat Peter's shadow, you could definitely defeat Peter. She has been looking out for you your whole life."

"You're talking about Tinker Bell?"

"Yes, my child."

"Why didn't she bring me to Neverland sooner?"

"She was going to the next night. But when she came to your nursery window, you were not there. She then was tracking you for a while until she finally found you a few days after you moved in with the Becketts."

"Why didn't she save me from those people?"

The queen paused, then looked down at the ground.

"If she followed me my whole life, she saw how miserable I was! Why didn't she do anything sooner?"

The queen looked up at her, "Grayson."

Wendy's face dropped, "How do you know about him?"

"You were his only happiness, after Felix was-"

Wendy inhaled, "I understand..."

Wendy took her seat across from the queen again and put her hands to her face, "And now, he has no one."

"That is not true, Wendy. You shall see him again."

"How do you know?" Wendy looked up.

"I know it deep in my heart."

Wendy looked up at her and chuckled to herself.

"What's funny, Wendy?"

"You just seem like a sweet and kind queen, and you are asking me to kill a person so you can gain control of this island."

"It is our only option at this point, Wendy. We have tried to make so many deals with him, but he can not be trusted. This is the only way. He must end."

"Well, since you seem to know everything, does he have my brothers?"

The queen looked at her confused, "Your brothers?"