Chapter 18

The warm, Neverland air blew through Pan's hair as he flew towards Skull Rock. His mind was racing. He couldn't remember the last time he was attacked by someone with powers before, then Wendy comes along and sends him hurdling towards a tree.

Him being enraged was an understatement.

Pan still did not believe that Wendy had no idea that she had magic, so he had to go to the one place where he knew he would not be lied to. 

Skull Rock had always been a place of great importance for him in Neverland. As he saw the rock shaped like that of a human skull, he sighed. A part of him really wanted to believe that Wendy had no idea of how to use this magic, but he had to be 100% sure. He could not risk the safety of himself and his Lost Boys. Also, he needed to know how to control her, which he knew would be a great challenge for him due to how difficult she could be. 

Peter landed on the sand in front of the entrance of the great skull and walked up the cold, black stone steps. The room he entered was full of treasure and a large, broken hour glass. Peter chuckled thinking about the time in the past when the hour glass was slowly filling with sand, counting down his time of being powerless and average again.

"Peter Pan never fails." He thought to himself.

His eyes landed on a dark rock placed on a pedestal facing Neverland that he could see through the eyes of Skull Rock. He walked over and placed his hand on top of the small, cold rock.

"Peter Pan wishes to know the truth." he said. The rock underneath his hand started to glow a bright, crimson red. He removed his hand and waited for a response.

"I am here to serve, Peter Pan." a loud whisper of a voice said throughout the inside of the rock.

He looked up, trying to think of what question to ask first since his mind was racing.

"You are troubled, I can sense it." the voice said.

"Yes, I am." Peter responded, frustrated.

"It is about Wendy."

"Yes, it's about her."

"What do you wish to know."

Peter sighed, "Did she know she had powers before coming to Neverland."

"No, she did not."

Peter felt even more puzzled. He was sure she was lying, but this entire time, she was telling the truth.

"How did she not know?"

"She can only use them when she believes her life or the life of someone she cares for is in danger. The rest of her magic is enchanted by her mother which prevents her from using them fully."

Peter paused for a moment. Her mother? She had said that her parents were Londoners, from the nonmagical world. There is no way either one of them could possess magic. Unless...

"Are Wendy's parents the Darlings?"

"No, they are not."

"Who are her parents then?"

There was a moment of silence.

"Who are Wendy's parents?" Peter said again.

"This information I can not reveal." The voice answered.

"What do you mean you can't answer? You are here to tell me the truth always."

"There is a spell made by her mother that prevents me from revealing the identity of her parents."

"So her mother has magic?"

"She had great power."

"Had?"