Chapter 16

"Well, I don't really like you speaking to me that way either." Wendy said. 

"Well, I don't really care." Peter responded, annoyed. He was frustrated how this girl could manage to get under his skin, how she continued to be stubborn and not listen to his orders. No one who ever landed a foot on his island ever defied him. Until her. He wasn't used to being around people who did not fear him and show him respect and loyalty.

But then she showed up and ruined everything he thought possible about being a ruthless leader. 

He couldn't bare to be cruel to her, and if he tried, he instantly felt a little regret. He, of course, would never let anyone know of this, especially not her. But for some reason, around her he felt...good.

"No,'" he thought to himself, "I don't need anyone. I am Peter Pan. I am the most evil and vicious ruler of Neverland. Whatever I want, I take."

"But you don't have her." another voice spoke in his head.

"Well, alright." Wendy responded, interrupting his thoughts. He looked down at her as she tried not to trip over all the roots in the dark wood.

He spoke too soon.

He watched as she started to fall and he quickly grabbed her arm to prevent her from falling to the ground. They made eye contact again. The thing that made Peter realize that he could look at her forever and feel like he was at home. 

"Enough!" he cursed to himself in his head. He dropped Wendy to the ground and continued walking. 

"I told you to stop doing that!" He couldn't help but chuckle at her remark as he continued walking through the woods. As he was going to respond, he felt something.

Someone was on the island.

Hook.

Suddenly, he flew into the air through the trees toward the camp. As soon as he saw the smoke coming from their fire, he flew down to them.

"COME ON BOYS! WE GOT VISITORS!" he screamed as he was still in the air. He flew back up and went straight towards the ocean where he saw Hook's ship. And there he was, standing on his beach. On his island. The dirty excuse for a pirate.

"Well, well, well." Peter said as he landed in front of Hook, "Look what the shore washed up."

Hook was dressed in a tattered red coat with ripped black pants and black boots. His short brown hair was dripping wet from being in the ocean to get to here from his ship. He hadn't shaved in a while and he smelled like rum. The silver hook on his hand, however, looked like the only valuable thing on him, shining brighter under the moonlight than the sword he held in his other hand. 

"Peter Pan," Hook panted, "You know exactly why I am here."

"Yes, yes. I know. Trying to avenge the ones you love. We've been through this before."

"You...ruined my life."

"No, I'm pretty sure you did that all yourself, laddie."

"I'm going to kill you...for what you have done. For Henry. For Emma."

"Ah, well you see. You can't kill me, and that's all thanks to Henry. So sad that he couldn't be with us though." Peter said with a fake pout.

Enraged, Hook swung at Peter with his sword. Peter continued to dodge all of Hook's attempts at hurting him until Hook realized it was useless and stopped.

Peter laughed, "It's cute how you think you can defeat me, Killian."

"Maybe I can't." said Hook out of breath, "But maybe I could with them."