Chapter 13

"Boys," Pan announced as he walked out from the woods into their open camp. They all stopped their laughter and music and looked to Pan in a terrified manner. 

"You all got your wish." Pan grabbed Wendy by her wrist and pulled her towards the boys. Wendy gasped as she was dragged into sight of the Lost Boys. She shot Pan a nasty glare as she looked to each of the boys. They all looked at her with guilty faces as some rubbed the back of their heads and looked down.

"You can have five minutes to yell at them as much as you want. I can tell you aren't as excited to be back as they are to see you."

Wendy looked at Pan and said nothing.

"As soon as your done, meet me in my tent. There's some things we need to talk about."

Pan walked away into the forest as Felix followed behind him. Wendy was then left alone with the rest of the boys. She could not believe that she was back in this camp. Her anger was ready to explode, wanting them all to feel even more guilty than they already looked.

"Wendy!" Alfie laughed and ran towards her with open arms.

So much for her being angry. 

Wendy smiled at the small boy who she had become very close with as soon as she arrived. She picked him up in her arms and spun him around. He giggled as he hugged her back, obviously happy she had returned.

"So, um, Wendy?" Timothy braved to speak, "Y-you're not mad at us, are you?"

"Mad?" Wendy thought to herself. "Try furious. Enraged. Angrier than Pan could possibly be at any of you for the dumbest thing you all could do as a group."

"No." Wendy responded, "No, I'm not mad."

The boys shouted in glee as they all went to hug her and Wendy couldn't help but laugh and smile along with them. Then, they all tried to explain to her why they did what they did at once that she couldn't keep up with who was saying what.

"We weren't actually going to kill Alfie!"

"This was Pan's plan to get you back!"

"We wanted you back so bad!"

"Pan knew you would do anything to save Alfie so that's why we did what we did!"

"We wanted you back so you could be our mother!"

"Liam!" The rest of the boys yelled as they pushed around the small Lost Boy.

"Sorry!" He responded as he tried to avoid being shoved as less as possible.

Wendy's jaw dropped as she heard what Liam had just said. She felt her face grow pale.

"What did you just say?" Wendy said.

All the boys looked to each other and quickly got to their knees at Wendy's feet. They folded their hands together and looked up at her with hopeful eyes.

"Please be our mother!" They all said in unison. 

Wendy was shocked. She had no idea what to say. Never did she think she would be a mother at such a young age. She went over the thought in her head, thinking she really didn't know how to be a mother, but since these boys were so wild and were in need of a mother figure in their lives, how could she refuse?

"I will try to do my best." Wendy responded and the boys leapt for joy. They all hugged her and she smiled at each of them.

"Just please don't put me back in the cage again!" Wendy joked and the boys roared with laughter. They all started speaking to her at once again. She was too overwhelmed by everything going on that she totally forgot that she had to go meet Pan in his tent.