Chapter 10

Wendy was out of breathe from all the running and dodging branches in the woods as she tried to keep up with her savior. Tinker Bell flew so fast that Wendy had almost lost her more than once. As Wendy continued sprinting through the woods, she looked up to find Tinker Bell was nowhere to be found.

"Tinker Bell?" Wendy whispered into the woods.

"Wendy, keep quiet."

Wendy looked around for the tiny creature, but she could not find her light.

"Tinker Bell, where are-"

"Shhh! Hide!"

Wendy did as the fairy said and quickly ducked under a large tree root.

"I don't understand how you could let this happen, Felix!"

Wendy's heart stopped. Pan. He must be looking for her.

"Pan, I apologize. I don't know how she could have-"

"It doesn't matter! Just find her!"

Suddenly, Wendy looked up and saw Pan floating up towards the trees. 

"Evan!" Felix boomed.

"Yes, Felix."

"Gather your half wit brothers now and spread out. We need to find Wendy."

"Wendy escaped?"

"You're wasting time!" Felix angrily exclaimed, "Go!!"

Wendy kept quiet until she heard the crinkling of leaves stop from the boys' walking. Suddenly, Tinker Bell appeared right in front of her which made her gasp.

"Wendy, quick. We must leave."

Wendy nodded and followed the fairy until they ran into an ivy grown fence.

"What now?" Wendy nervously said.

"Stay here. Be careful." Tinker Bell's quiet voice said. She flew through the ivy and a few moments later, an opening big enough for Wendy to fit through opened up. Wendy saw Tinker Bell at the other side, motioning for her to go through.

Wendy gulped and walked through the ivy door. As she walked through, the opening quickly vanished behind her. Wendy gasped as she looked around her new surroundings. The woods were so much greener then when she first arrived. So many different colors of wild flowers surrounded her and the sky was a brighter blue. The ocean looked crystal clear that even from where she was standing she thought she could see reflections of the trees in it's waves.

"Tinker Bell, where are we?"

"You're finally safe, Wendy."

"It's beautiful!" Wendy said as she admired her surroundings, never seeing anything so breathtaking in her life.

"Come with me," Tinker Bell smiled as she grabbed Wendy's hand.

"Tinker Bell!" Wendy gasped, "You're...you're not."

"What?" Tinker Bell looked down at herself, "Oh," she laughed, "I take a more human-like form when I'm home."

Wendy noticed how beautiful Tinker Bell was now that she could actually see her physical features. Tinker Bell was more than 20 times the size now then when she rescued Wendy. Her beautiful blonde hair was wrapped in a bun with a dark green ribbon and she dressed in all green. Just like Pan.

Wendy let the thought escape her mind as she followed Tinker Bell through the woods. They went down a hill in the forest and started walking through an open field of wild flowers. Wendy then noticed other fairies in human form collecting flowers and staring at Wendy wide eyed.