Chapter 12

Panting, Wendy kicked off her shoes as soon as she entered her tiny home. She wiped the sweat off her forehead as she heard someone calling her.

"Miss Wendy, please wait! We aren't done today!"

"I can't take much more. I need a break."

What felt like weeks had passed by and not one spark of magic had left Wendy's hands. She could have guessed that this would happen, but she still continued to never give up. Every day she would get up bright and early to train with her coach, Master Terrance, then go and take a break and spend time with the fairy doctors who were suppose to unlock her magic, then train until the sun set. Visiting the doctors was  Wendy's least favorite part of the day. The way they would pick and pinch at her like a lab rat was extremely annoying to her. However, as Wendy thought about it, there was no good point of her day. Master Terrance was just as irritating. The tall, buff, middle aged fairy pushed Wendy to extremes. She spent her training dodging fire balls and other magical objects Master Terrance could find. He told her to just hold out her hand, find her inner strength, and believe she could stop the object coming at her. However, every time she tried, she failed. She would end up being burned on dodging everything last minute so she wasn't crushed. She tried everything she could, she thought of her brothers and how she must believe in order for her powers to surface and then going on the hunt to find them. But, deep down she knew she didn't have any powers. She always lived in England, how could she just majestically have powers suddenly appear in her? Something wasn't adding up, and Wendy knew it for a fact.

"Miss Wendy, please! You know the Queen wouldn't be pleased with this!" Master Terrance said as he entered Wendy's home.

"I don't care! Please, I just need a day off."

"If you don't come outside now, I will have to tell the Queen about this..."

This is the threat Master Terrance used when Wendy was being difficult with him so she would be too scared that the deal would be off with the Queen. However, at this point, Wendy was too tired to go back out to that huge arena and dodge more obstacles.

"Go ahead then!" Wendy screamed as she jumped on her bed with her head in her pillow.  

"Oh, Terrance, you're not going to do a thing." another voice said as she felt a body sitting at the edge of her bed.

Wendy looked up and saw it was Tinker Bell. She gave Wendy a smile as Master Terrance went to face her. 

"Don't test me, Tink! I have more power than you think!"

"Wendy already knows the only way her deal would be off with the Queen!"

She was right. When Tinker Bell was showing Wendy the rest of the fairy part of Neverland when she had first arrived, she pointed out a huge dark purple rock far from Wendy's home on the shore. Tinker Bell had told her that if Wendy goes past that rock, then the deal will be broken and she will never be able to enter the fairy realm again. She would never be able to see Tinker Bell or anyone she had met ever again. 

Master Terrance huffed and crossed his arms, "Wendy needs to train. She is still very behind for where I want her to be!"

"Maybe it's because I don't have any powers!" Wendy screamed into her pillow.

"If you keep telling yourself that, we will never make progress!" Terrance angrily raised his voice.

"One day off won't kill you or her, Terrance." Tinker Bell answered.

"Yes but-"

"Just leave her with me for the rest of the day. Her and I need to spend some time together."