Chapter 7

Wendy was shocked to see the missing boy from her old town as he glared at her during an awkward amount of silence. She thought she might almost faint. Wendy had so many emotions flowing through her. She was angry, shocked and yet somewhat happy that the missing boy was before her on this strange island.

"Felix, how...I thought" Wendy trailed off as the boys stared at her in confusion. Suddenly, she threw her plate down and stood up, going towards Felix.

"How could you do such a thing to Grayson? To your family? How could you just leave them without even telling them?"

Felix glared at Wendy with such rage that she was almost intimidated, but her anger was boosting her confidence.

"Felix, what is she talking about?" Evan asked as all the boys looked towards him.

"I have no idea. She is obviously crazy." Felix responded.

"I am not crazy!" Wendy responded in anger, "How could you deny knowing your own brot-"

Suddenly, Felix grabbed Wendy by the throat, his eyes flashing with absolute rage. All of the boys tried to calm him down as Wendy struggled to get his hands away from around her neck. 

"Don't listen to a thing she says, boys. She has obviously gone mad and needs to be dealt with."

"Peter won't like that and you know it!" Timothy yelled, "You need to let her go. Maybe she's confused or-"

"Are you calling me a liar, Timothy?" Felix boomed. "Why don't you let me deal with her and you can mind your own business."

"For once, Timothy is actually right."

All the boys turned to face the person who spoke behind them. Felix's face went pale and released Wendy from his grip. Wendy fell back coughing, as she found it hard to breathe. As she started to catch her breath, she looked up and saw Pan looking down upon her as the group of boys looked frightened for what Pan would do next.

"Felix?"

"Yes, Pan." Felix stepped back and gulped.

"I thought I said that she was to eat and be introduced in a comfortable manner."

"Yes, you did."

"I don't remember me saying to strangle her to death, now do I?"

"But Pan, she-"

Felix was suddenly struck back and he fell to the ground. He backed away terrified of what Pan would do to him next. 

"Do not lay a hand on her again. Do we understand each other?"

"Pan, you must listen. She can-"

Pan shot another green orb towards Felix as he fell over again. This time, his head hit a rock and he started to bleed.

"Who do you think you are questioning me? Trying to justify yourself, eh?"

"She knows..." Felix winced as he held a hand to his bleeding head.

Pan looked confused as he looked from Wendy to his bleeding companion. 

"It's not possible, Felix. You know we are all family here."

"She knows!" Felix yelled as he got up and went back towards Wendy, "Why did I not know that you possessed magic? How did no one find out?"

Wendy backed away from the screaming boy, frightened he might try to harm her again, "I don't know what you mean. I don't have magic!"

"Liar!" screamed Felix as he ran towards Wendy. As she drew back from him, Pan stopped him by grabbing his shoulder.

Pan then took Felix aside as they began discussing something behind the trees. When Pan noticed everyone was watching them with bewilderment, he ordered the boys to show Wendy around the island. They all looked at one another and hesitantly led Wendy towards the beaches. Wendy admired the beautiful white sand beach and perfectly blue water in front of her. Since it was getting dark, the boys said it could be dangerous to wander around the island so they decided to make a fire. Wendy stood by the edge of the water as the waves washed in at her bare feet. She rubbed her neck and winced at the pain Felix had caused, hoping there wouldn't be a bruise.