Chapter 6

As the sun was rising, Wendy tried to sit up to a more comfortable position in her cramped cage, wondering if Pan would send her back to England. She sighed as she looked up at the golden ball of light shining in the sky. She used to love the sun rises back at the Becketts' farm, how the sky would be all different colors of yellow and pink. The Neverland sun rises were way different. The sky was a mass of different colors and the sun rose much more quickly here than at home. Wendy suddenly heard rustling in the woods, breaking her away from her day dreams of her old life.

She gasped as she felt her cage being lifted down from the tree and fell to the ground. Her cage door opened and she hesitated.

"Well, don't think I'm going to wait around for you to come out." A voice said.

Wendy gulped and crawled through the opening as she stood and met Pan's eyes. They were a dark green, but it was the most stunning green Wendy had ever saw. She tore her eyes away and looked down at her hands, fearful she might blush.

"We're going to do something very exciting today."

"W-what's that?" Wendy asked.

"Now, if I told you that, it wouldn't be much exciting for me, now would it?"

Pan gave Wendy a smirk that was in no way sincere. She was terrified of this boy in front of her. She couldn't even imagine what kind of power he possessed and most importantly, what he was going to do to her.

"Follow me." He ordered as he stormed into the woods as Wendy followed. He pushed back branches and leaves of the many exotic plants of Neverland till they were back in the camp Alfie brought her to the day she arrived. All the boys she saw yesterday sat around in a circle with a variety of food in front of them. They were loudly talking and laughing while throwing food at one another.

"Boys!"

They all stopped their joking as soon as they heard Pan talk. Their eyes moved from him to Wendy in confusion.

"Wendy!"

Wendy looked and saw Alfie running towards her with glee. Wendy couldn't help but smile.

Suddenly, Alfie was pushed back like a huge gust of wind hit him. He flew back and hit the back of a tree, sliding down in pain. The boys started laughing as Wendy gasped. She turned and saw it was Pan who pushed him back, most definitely using his powers.

"You don't get up or speak unless I give you permission to. I thought we went over this Alfie."

"How could you be so cruel?"

The boys laughter stopped as their mouths dropped. No one had ever stuck up to Pan that way. Wendy went over to help Alfie and she was suddenly pushed back into a tree just like he was. Pan was in front of her in an instant with an arrow to her neck.

"If you ever try to defy me again, it will be the last time you ever do anything."

Pan's eyes were flashing with anger, but Wendy stood her ground.

"It's wasn't right for you to do that! He's just a boy!"

Pan paused and stepped away from Wendy. "You're right, Wendy. He is just a boy. How old are you Alfie?"

Pan crouched down so he was level with the sobbing boy. Alfie couldn't stop crying long enough to answer.

"Answer me when I ask you a question!" Pan boomed, which made Alfie cry even more, so he held up five fingers.

"Oh, five years old. Hmm." Pan stood up and waltzed back towards Wendy. "That reminds me of someone else who was...five years old."

Wendy looked at him, confused.