Chapter 8

"Felix, you are the only one who knows this information. You cannot reveal it to any of the other boys." Pan sternly told his companion.

Felix looked at him dumbfounded, "It doesn't make sense. She is nothing but a common orphan. It can't be possible."

"The shadow did inform me she would be important to us. I intend to find out what magic she possesses and how we can get control of it."

"So, she still remembered everything from her past life, even though you made sure no one who came onto this island would remember?"

"It seems so.." Pan said as he rubbed his chin.

"So, could she be more powerful than you?"

"No one is more powerful than me." Pan sneered. 

"Of course not," Felix cowered back, "What I meant was that she was um...just that-"

"Just stop talking, Felix." Pan rolled his eyes.

Felix stopped talking, embarrassed that he'd made a fool of himself in front of Pan yet again. 

"We need to know what kind of power she possesses. Whatever magic this is, I didn't detect anything from her." Pan stated as he paced back and forth.

"Nothing to worry about, Pan. She's on your island. Even if she refuses to show you what she's capable of, you'll find it out sooner or later."

Pan looked from the floor to Felix, "I know that. If I want something, I always get it. Even if she tries to hide this power from me, I will have it."

A gust of wind blew around them and the shadow suddenly appeared before the boys. 

"It's about time you got here!" Pan said irritated.

"What can I do for you, Pan?"

"Explain how Wendy remembers her old life. How does she remember who Felix used to be?"

The shadow was silent for a moment.

"Speak!" Pan ordered impatiently.

"It's not possible that she could remember..." The shadow spoke, "I made sure she forgot. All the children here shouldn't be able to remember their homes."

"You made sure that she remembered you brought her here." Pan snickered, "How am I suppose to believe that you made sure she remembered everything?"

"Pan, on my word, I swear I just wanted her to remember me."

Pan paused for a moment, "If I find out you're lying, don't think I can find someone else to do your job."

"Yes, Pan."

"Now, where's the girl?"

"On the beach with the Lost Boys."

Pan inhaled, "I'll go get her. It's about time I learned more about Wendy's powers."

Pan disappeared into the woods toward the beach where Wendy and the boys made a fire. He was frustrated with the fact that this girl had something that may be stronger than his own magic. He needed to be the most powerful being on Neverland, and he'd destroy anyone who tried to tell him otherwise. Pan never trusted anyone, not even his own shadow. He realized a long time ago that trust doesn't go a long way. People will always deceive you, no matter how much they mean to you. So, Pan was stone cold. He was now the person who couldn't ever be trusted and should never be. As he approached the beach, he heard the boys talking with Wendy. He paused, listening to what she had to say.

"What are your questions?" She asked with a smile. "I want to help you all as much as I can."

Pan rolled his eyes, "I have helped them. I've helped them leave their miserable lives and brought them to a place where they can be young forever."