Epilogue: Part II

You made it here. Thank you!

Follow me here hehe
Instagram: anyahaseyoh
Twitter: kissmyredlipsWP

~

Later that night, I waited for her text. She usually texts me after dinner and ask if I can call her. I'll always oblige to what she wants. While waiting, I washed and changed into comfortable sleeping clothes. I kept my phone near me, expecting for it to make a sound any second-but it never happened.

Maybe she fell asleep? She's probably exhausted from our training earlier. My hardworking baby. That removed the uneasy feeling in my chest. With a small smile, I picked up my phone and typed my last message for her tonight.

Me:
Goodnight, Laurene.

The next morning, I waited for Laurene's daily morning texts. She sent none. Hindi rin siya maaga pumasok. Maybe she was too tired to wake up early and was running late? Pati sa flag ceremony ay wala siya. It got me worried.

I looked around, checking if a faculty staff is looking at me. Talking during flag ceremony isn't allowed.

"Hadeon..." I tapped his back. He looked at me over his shoulder.

"Yeah?" he cooly asked.

"Where's your sister?" tanong ko.

His cool expression dropped. He grimaced. I could even see a hint of guilt in his eyes. "Uh... Late."

My forehead creased. Something's wrong. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine, dude. You'll see her later."

Break na nang makita ko si Laurene. She was with her friends. I was expecting her to smile, but her face remained indifferent. My only consolation is she reacted the same towards the other guys, even her own twin. Something is wrong with her. I can sense it.

I leaned my head slightly to my shoulder. If she got my message, I wouldn't know. She's the first one to look away when she got called by her friends.

Sumabay muna ako sa mga kaibigan ko pababa bago nagpaalam na may pupuntahan ako. Hindi na ako nag-abalang magpaalam. I headed straight to the upper gym. I waited in our place for the whole break time. Only to be stood up by Laurene.

I waited until the last minute of our break time. My shoulders were slumped and there's a heavy sensation weighing down in the center of my chest.

I'm positive that she knows I wanted us to meet. I know it... and knowing that she knows that and still didn't show up stung. It made me want to think that she didn't know.

We didn't see each other at lunch and dismissal, too. I tried to ask her if she's mad at me. I didn't expect that she'll be replying, but she did. I thought it was a good thing. She wasn't totally ignoring me. She said she wasn't. I accepted her explanation., taking the lie over the cold truth.

Two days passed and I've confirmed that she was avoiding me. Pati sa nakasanayan naming jogging tuwing umaga ay hindi siya pumunta. She said her feet hurts but I know it was just an excuse.

I've done nothing but think of what I could have possible done that made her avoid me like a plague. I feel empty. The guys noticed my lack of interest in everything. They didn't say a word but I won't be surprised if they know why.

Third day of no Laurene, I was drained-like all of my energy was taken away from me. Every minute felt like hours. It's been three long days and I still don't know what I did wrong. I wanted to talk to her, to be alone with her, but she's always either with someone or hiding from me.

Break came and a small part of me hoped a little that she'd be waiting outside like she sometimes do, but that hope was quickly crushed when we got ouside and she's nowhere insight.