| 27 |

☯ 

☯ 

Z had to swallow for a minute when he saw Latvia standing in front of him. She shyly brushed a strain of hair behind her ear as Z was flabbergasted. So far he had only seen her in her work clothes.

"You look cute" he told her as he awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

Latvia smiled shyly as she thanked him softly.

Behind his back he was holding a single red rose, it was advised by Yuan to bring at least one flower since its Valentine's day.

Yuan was the only one he trusted with the information of his accidental date with Latvia. He told him that he was meant to text him not Latvia and that he now has a date with her. It had been his friend who laughed loudly and told him that his accidental date is on Valentine's day- that's when he advised him to buy flowers. But Z was just glad his friend wasn't upset that he had other plans.

So far Latvia didn't see his surprise yet, mostly because he was debating rather or not he should give it to her. Maybe she would get the wrong idea and walk away.

"I eh" Z starts as he clears his throat, "well I bought you something" he continued, thinking it was better to just give it to her and see how she takes it.

Latvia looked up in surprise, her jaw dropping when she noticed the single red rose he was holding.

Z noticed her pink cheeks as she took it from him, their hands brushing against each other. He smiled shyly as he saw how she was smelling the sweet scent of the rose- her eyes closed as she was enjoying the scent.

"Thanks Z, it's really thoughtful of you" she said with a smile.

Now it was his time to blush, even though he tried really hard not to blush.

"Eh let's go" he told her, not knowing what to do- he just offered his arm. She gladly hooked her arm with his as they walked through the park.

Z felt bad for Latvia, mainly because he didn't plan anything for their date. He only had this morning to text her the details for the day, so he had no clue what to do right now.

But when he looked at the smaller girl walking beside him, he realised that she was fine with anything. She was probably glad that she's not alone on Valentine's day, since most girls make such a drama about the day. For him it was just February the 14th.

"How do you usually spend Valentine's day" he asked curiously. Maybe her answer could give him an idea on what to do.

Latvia looked up at him with a smile, "well I don't celebrate Valentine's day. I just told my ex boyfriend to pretend it was a normal day, it's all too commercial that the real meaning is forgotten".

Her answer made Z chuckle softly, "I knew you weren't like most girls, at least you have your own opinion. I like that, you're a strong woman".

Hearing that made her cheeks heat up, She wasn't used to hearing the term 'strong woman' since most people thought it was odd that she thinks about Valentine's day like this. But of course she didn't care, however she did like hearing those words come from Z's mouth.

At this point they reached a little ice cream truck, which gave Z an idea. "Just wait right here, I'll be back before you know it" he told her before dashing off to get in line.

His plan was to buy her strawberry ice cream, the pink colour representing Valentine's day and they could mock it by eating it.

That's why he was glad the line moved fast and before he knew it was his turn. As he told the old man what he wanted, he looked behind him at Latvia- only to see her standing there looking at the ground while there was a guy bugging her. Z could feel how his hands turned into fists as his bad temper started to come out.

But he was interrupted by the old man who gave him his order. Before taking it, Z ruffled up his hair and opened his black leather jacket- which made the old man chuckle softly.

"Hi baby I got us some ice cream" he said loudly to get both their attention, it worked as the boy gave him an odd look.

"You already have a new toy" he asked her mockingly.

Z could feel his temper returning, he handed over the ice cream to Latvia and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Is there a problem kid" he asked.

Latvia still didn't look up, she wasn't looking fine. That's what got to Z, he had never seen the happy girl like this before. It hurt him to see her like this.

"Don't call me a kid" the guy replied as he stood straight, not that he reached the height of Z. Z could look down on the guy with a snicker.

"Get lost, this is my date" he told him as he walked away with the still silent Latvia.

From the distance he heard the guy yell at them, insulting Latvia. Z's hands tighten as he let's go of Latvia, ready to punch the guy in his face- but he felt Latvia's soft hands holding his, preventing him from going back to the good for nothing guy.

"Please let him be, he's not worth it" she told him as she entwined her fingers with him, putting her head against his arm. "Lets just pretend we are being a couple, it really pisses him off that I moved on. I want to torture him some more".

When she looked up, he saw her smile again. Her real smile, the one he was familiar with. It made him lighten up as he took a bite of his ice cream, "your wish is my command".

Latvia smiled as she finally took a bite of hers, it was melting quickly.

"He's such a loser, and Z is an big upgrade" she said softly- but not soft enough since he heard her every word. Even though it wasn't meant for his ears.