| 31 |

☯ 

☯ 

"Tell me one more time, why is Mr. Pokerface so grumpy?" Cyriel asked amused as he looked at his friend.

Z didn't respond and instead gave his friend another annoyed look.

Valentine's Day had been 4 days ago and Z was still thinking about it from time to time. He didn't only remember the good moments with Latvia, but also the moment when that guy was annoying her.

It did not make his mood better when the guys bumped into Yuan's neighbour while they were out to get some snacks. The reason why? It's because it turns out that Yuan's neighbour is the same guy who was annoying Latvia.

Yuan's neighbour was about to introduce himself when his eyes fell on Z, immediately saying how he met Z before and how he was defending some girl. Z on the other hand pretended that he had never seen the boy before, he just told the guy he had to go before walking away from the scene. Which of course confused his friends a lot.

Z wasn't stupid, he knew that the boy was Latvia's ex boyfriend, it was as if the boy was pretending that he didn't know Latvia at all.

"Beats me" Yuan replied, "his mood was normal before".

"Just stop it guys, it's nothing" Z told them as he pulled the hood of his hoodie over his head, messing up his hair.

Cyriel snickered, "now puff your cheeks, then you'll look like a cute little chipmunk".

The guys snickered softly while Z started to pout, he didn't enjoy the comments made about him. It wasn't new to him to be called a chipmunk. He had heard it many times before but that didn't mean that he enjoyed being called a chipmunk.

"Z cutie, look up here" he heard Yuan call out to him, it took him a second to progress to see that his friend was holding his phone in front of him- the camera making a clicking sound. "Awh Ciel, look he's even pouting in the picture".

A chuckling Cyriel looked at the picture, "wow Z you look so adorable. You don't look like the scary soon to be boss".

Z shook his head before pulling his hoodie further over his head. He did not feel like eating any of the snacks his friend bought, he lost his appetite.

He looked at Cyriel from underneath the fabric of his hood, seeing how his friend was eating the potato chips eagerly. While Yuan was still joking about the picture he just took.

"There's only one who doesn't see me as the boss his son" Z said slowly, letting go of his hoodie.

But since Z was talking so softly, his friends didn't hear him and continued doing their own thing. Z had a bitter smile on his face, wondering how someone could break up with a girl like Latvia. Her ex was lucky to be with someone as kind as her, if only he knew what it was like to be with someone who is as kind as she is.

"Yah Ciel pass me some chips before you gulp everything down" Z said jokingly as he tried to join his friends, he was pretending as if what had happened earlier wasn't bothering him anymore.

Still his mind kept wondering off.