| 50 |

☯

She noticed that lately she had been spending more and more time with Minghui and his roommate Ziyang. It could be because Z was getting more and more busy that he didn't always have time to talk to her, especially at work.

He used to help her out and give her tips about how to prepare the best coffee- but now it was just her with her other co-workers. She did miss his presence around the workplace.

However now she had the help of Minghui who is just as helpful as Z only more talkative.

"Latvia I'm bored" she heard a low voice complain, like he had been doing for the last half hour.

She rolled her eyes.

The two of them were waiting outside until Minghui was done with his shift since the older one asked them to hang out.

Ziyang had kept bugging her about how bored he was, occasionally poking her shoulder when she didn't respond. However Latvia was keeping up with it because Ziyang had bought her a strawberry smoothie.

"If you're that bored then I dare you to do something" Latvia challenged him, curious if he would actually do it.

The taller boy raised his eyebrows, "challenge accepted shorty".

Latvia gave him an playful push, which caused him to fall on his side in the grass. But as always he didn't complain, he just sat upright without a word.

"You have to put flowers petals in your nose or a small blossom flower".

She was expecting him to question her but the opposite happened. He stood up as he walked towards a nearby cherry blossom tree to grab two of the small flowers that were growing on the branches.

"Wait" she called out to him before he did anything, "you're not going to question it? You're just going to do what I asked you".

Ziyang just shrugged, "well I'm bored so why not, I'll watch out for bugs".

Latvia was speechless as she watched how he put a flower in each of his nostrils. That and the poker face he was showing her was hilarious. The boy has such a dry sense of humour.

"Ziyi you didn't have to do this" she told him as she covered her mouth with her hand, "it looks really funny but I was just joking".

His mouth formed an 'O' shape.

"But stay like that and smile".

Ziyang moved his head a little backwards as his lips curled into something close to a smile, he attempted to wink, but it ended up being one eye closed and the other half open.

"That's cute Ziyi, I bet your girlfriend will think so too".

The tall boy took the blossoms out of his nose, "nah, I don't have one and I'm fine being single" he told her, "some people nowadays can't be alone, they have to have a girlfriend or boyfriend. Me on the other hand, I like being alone or with friends".

Latvia nodded, she knew exactly what he meant. That's how she herself is too, she's fine on her own without a boyfriend by her side.

"I know what you mean" she said before there was another moment of silence, "however now I have proof of what you did while Minghui was working".

Ziyang rolled his eyes as he put the flowers in the grass, "I'll just tell him you made me do it".

Latvia squeezed her eyes into slits as she gave him the evil eye, "you wouldn't".

The taller boy just shrugged as his lips formed into a small smirk. "We'll see".