| 63 |

☯

"What are you doing here" Z questions as he takes his phone out of his pocket, "I was supposed to meet my friend here".

Latvia looked down at her feet, she didn't see him in weeks. Him now standing so close to her was making her feel bad and making her question her choice.

"Same here" she mumbled.

Z only nodded before taking a seat on the same bench as her, only leaving enough space for two people between them. They weren't in the cafe at the moment and it's a free county so he was allowed to sit wherever he wants.

"It's been a while" Z commented.

To his surprise Latvia chuckled softly- but still not looking at him.

"Did I say something funny?".

She shook her head, "no it's just that someone else said the exact same thing to me today".

That made him remember the guy sitting next to her earlier.

When he arrived he saw the two of them happily chatting and he felt a sting. How he wished it was him making her smile, it was him who was ruffling her hair.

"Oh your boyfriend, the basketball guy".

She shook her head while laughing, "oh no, that's Seven. I've known him for a while and he's a good friend".

"You sure befriend people with odd names" he smiled, just happy that at the moment she was talking to him.

Latvia nods, "you're right, I got a friend named Hershey and your name is Z" she said softly, brushing a loose strain of hair behind her ear.

He cleared his throat contemplating if he should tell her or not, he wasn't sure if she would care. But when she looked up in anticipation he let out a soft sigh.

"My name is Hechan, and a few days ago I finally met my brother" he told her, smiling happily, "all thanks to a friend I got my brother back. I should be happy but a part of me is missing something. Without that in my life I can't be happy".

That got her attention, she looked at him while taking in every single one of his words. It reminded him of the first time he had told her that he has a brother, and how he didn't see him in years.

She smiled at him, "what are you missing. Because whatever it is, just look for it. Take a chance because if you don't you'll regret it later".

Z then turned his body so he was looking straight at her, "I would, but she's upset with me".

"She?" Latvia questioned, "you mean me" she asked while pointing at herself.

Instead of answering her he sheepishly turned his head around- pretending he saw something interesting behind him.

The truth was, he was shy. Never had he done something like this before- he wasn't the guy who developed crushes on some girl, he was the one who without knowing turned the girl down. It wasn't in his nature to talk about his feelings, it had always been other people's feelings he talked about.

This was all new to him, it was all because of Latvia. Whatever the outcome was, he would always cherish her knowing that it was her who made him change in a good way.

"Hechan, you mean you like me?".

He noticed her voice sounded confused, almost as if she didn't believe him. But he was certain about his feelings for her.

That's why he turned to face her with his new found confidence, "yes I like you, I like you a lot. Even though I have no idea why we're fighting, I still care a lot about you and I'd do anything to get you back into my life".

Latvia was taken back, this did not seem like the Z she knew. This Z was mature and honest about his feelings, the Z she met never bothered to tell her what he was thinking or feeling.

She had to admit that she liked this Z a whole lot more.

A shy smile spread on her face as she brushed a strain of hair behind her ear, "but really Latvia, why are you so upset with me? I don't remember treating you badly".

"It's because you befriended my ex, out of all people it was Kino you befriended" Latvia told him, her smile fading, "I told you how he hurt me and you just befriend him".

Z raised his eyebrows.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, he dropped by the cafe weeks ago to ask if we're looking for people. He said his brother needs a job, that's all" he honesty told her, "I wouldn't befriend him after what he did to you, I didn't forget what you told me".

Latvia frowned as she got her phone out of her pocket, "my brother has you on Instagram, and there's this picture which says you were out with Kino".

Carefully he took the phone from her hands to look at the screen. Once he read the caption he realised why she was upset, he just didn't know how it got changed.

"Latvia honestly I was with Cyriel a friend of mine, I don't know how it got changed to this" he tried to explain, he was afraid she wouldn't believe him and still be upset with him.

She let out a soft sigh, "so Levi was right, he said that Kino might have hacked into your account, that's his specialty- that's how Levi got in contact with you".

A soft chuckle escaped Z's mouth, "so your brother is the Nikon guy", Latvia nodded since she had to suffer weeks because of that new camera, "it's funny how he pretended to have zero knowledge of camera's while it's his job to work with them".

She laughed softly, hiding her mouth behind her hands while Z was moving closer towards her on the bench.

He took the chance and gently took her hand in his, "does that mean you forgive me?".

"Only if you forgive me for jumping to conclusions".

Z brought her hand up to his lips as he gently kissed her hand, "of course silly"