| 44 |

☯

It was after work and Latvia was enjoying her warm latte while scrolling down her Instagram feed, it was currently raining outside. Since it was still early she decided to wait for the rain to stop inside the cafe. She had bought her favourite latte from her co-worker and decide to sit in a booth by the windows.

She looked up from her phone to look outside, the rain still pouring down. People running the streets to find shelter from the rain.

The next song on her playlist started to play, a little smile forming on her face as she softly hummed along with the lyrics.

From the corner of her eyes she noticed how someone was taking a seat across from her, but she didn't pay any attention to it. The cafe was getting a lot of customers because of the rain. People who got wet because of the rain came in for the shelter and to warm up with a cup of coffee. The person sitting across from her probably sat there because there was no more space.

A few minutes had passed and by now Latvia had forgotten there was someone sitting across from her. That was until a hand waved in front of her face, covering her phone. In the split second the hand was above her phone she noticed the band-aids around some of the fingers.

Curiously she looked up, only to be greeted with the smiling face of her co-worker.

"Hi, I noticed you were still here" he says with a grin.

She smiled at him as she took out her earbuds, "yeah I'm waiting until the rain stops".

"Then you'll be here for a while, I heard it's going to rain all day" he says while looking outside, "is there anyone who can give you a ride home".

Latvia noticed he looked genuine.

While they had only know each other for a few weeks, a month tops. Still she felt comfortable around him, he's always cheerful and helping out when it's needed. Often he stayed longer to help their co-workers out. All in all he's a sweet guy.

"No but don't worry Minghui, I'll just buy an umbrella on my way home".

Minghui shook his head, "no Via, I can't let you go out there in the rain without a proper jacket", they glanced at the thin denim jacket that she had put on the table- this morning she didn't realise how hard it would be raining after her shift ended, "if you can stay for twenty more minutes then I'll give you a ride home, I just need to pick up my roommate first".

Latvia was hesitant at first, she didn't know if she could trust Minghui's roommate.

He noticed the look on her face, "don't worry, he looks scary but he's a nice guy".

Eventually she said yes, it was better then waiting all day for the rain to stop- when it won't.

Since she had to kill time, she had asked him to take a seat next to him. A little confused he stood up to sit on the other side of the table, next to her.

"Don't you think that your boyfriend will get upset if he sees me sitting next to you" Minghui asked while he looked at the bar.

Latvia raised her eyebrows as she wondered who he was talking about, it then hit her. There's only one guy she's close with and that's Z. Did people really think that she was Z's girlfriend?

"My boyfriend?".

He nodded as he stood up a little, only to let out a sigh of relief. "Yeah boyfriend, you're Z's girlfriend right?".

There was a moment of silence. Minghui looked around before focusing his attention back on Latvia.

"Wait, he's not your boyfriend?".

She shook her head, "no he's not my boyfriend, we are just friends".

"Oh since you are the only one he communicates with, he doesn't really pay attention to the rest. That's why I assumed he's your boyfriend, sorry" he said a little uncomfortable.

Not knowing what to say, she offered him her earbud. "It's okay, here", when she noticed the confused look on his face she let out a chuckle, "we still have fifteen minutes to kill before you pick up your roommate, I want to introduce you to one of my favourite groups".

Minghui smiled as he took the earbud from her, "well let's give it a shot".

A few seconds after she hit play she noticed the confused facial expression on his face, but that soon turned into him bopping his head to the beat. It made her smile to see how he reacted to her favourite song.

After the song ended, Minghui requested to hear more song of the group. Which she gladly did. It made them forget what time it is and soon the fifteen minutes were passed, but they still sat in the cafe listening to music- that was until they got interrupted.

A tall, really tall, boy stood at their table. His clothes were soaked and he looked annoyed.

"Thanks for picking me up" he muttered as he squeezed his eyes into slits, his voice dripping with sarcasm just like his clothes.

The two of them looked up confused only to see the soaked roommate of Minghui. He tried to keep his laughter in while Latvia felt guilty, since it was her fault they forgot the time.

"Ziyang did you swim here" Minghui joked.

His roommate, Ziyang, wasn't taking the jokes lightly. Instead he gave him a hug, "yes you ass, do you have any dry clothes since this is all your fault".

Minghui looked down at his white work shirt, which was now see through- it made Latvia look the other way in embarrassment.

"You're the ass here, but I'll look. Anyway Ziyang meet my colleague Latvia, Latvia this ass here is my roommate Ziyang", with that he gave the poor soaked boy an annoyed glare before leaving for the staff room.

"Hi, sorry for all that" Latvia apologized.

To much of her surprise Ziyang just waved it off, "it's okay, it's only water"