| 43 |

☯

He didn't want to be here.

All he wanted was a quiet night to sleep, but no. Apparently his friends hate him so much now that they dragged him with them to a bar. He was sitting on a stool, sulking, while girls were surrounding his friends- laughing loudly at his friends bad jokes. As if those jokes were funny. He didn't care that the girls didn't notice him- he was trying not to get in their sight by pulling his hood over his head.

He even went to the extend of turning his head the other way when someone tried to start a conversation.

Z took a sip of his beer, something he didn't drink often. But Cyriel told him not to be a buzzkill and ordered him a beer. The liquid was stinging in his throat and he had no idea why some people actually liked this, or the feeling it gave you.

He looked over his shoulder to see a girl throwing her blonde hair over her shoulder while talking to Yuan, she even went as far as touching his bicep. It made him roll his eyes at her, this kind of behavior was exactly what he hates.

"Z, come on live a little".

Just when he was about to look up he felt a slap on his shoulder, making him look up in annoyance only to be met with Cyriel's smirking face.

"What" Z muttered as he gave his friend a slight push.

Cyriel started to laugh, "wow are you on your period or something, you've been moody all night".

"So you did get that I didn't want to be here".

He put his drink back down on the bar, letting out a sigh of annoyance. He really didn't want to be here but he had no choice, Yuan drove them here with his car and once again he forgot to bring his keys.

"You should live a little Z, life is short".

Of course he realised his friend was right, with that in mind he drank the remaining liquid of his beverage. Once he put his glass back on the table he heard a voice that sounded familiar- he just couldn't place it.

Looking over his shoulder he saw two familiar faces, two faces he was not expecting to see at a place like this.

"Z" one of them said with confusion.

Which made his brother look up, "funny to see you here, you don't look like the type for a place like this".

"Could say the same to you guys" he joked.

Next to him he could hear Cyriel clearing his throat, obviously curious about what was going on.

"Oh right, Cyriel these guys are my investors Yanjun and Yuta- that guy over there is Yuan. These two idiots are my friends" Z explained as he pointed at Cyriel and Yuan.

Yuan was too busy talking to the blonde girl that he didn't realise what was going on.

"Nice to meet you" the twins said simultaneously- only to give each other a dirty look afterwards. "Stop copying me".

Z noticed his friend sipping his drink while watching the two brothers argue.

"So they brothers? What's their deal".

"Yeah they're twins, and they like to argue with each other. Like you and Yuan".

Cyriel put his empty glass down as he looked at the bickering twins, "hi guys, do you two want a drink?". The twins looked taken back. "I'll pay since you two need to put up with Z for a while".

"Rude" Z commented, but he didn't mind.

The two brothers seemed like nice guys, someone he could befriend. Not just because they're investing in his cafe- no it's because they genuinely seem nice.

By now Yuan joined them in their conversation and left the girl, he claimed it's because she got too clingy while they just met but Z knew that the real reason is because his friend got curious.

Since Z has a hard time making friends, it was always shocking for them to see him making friends. They were just as shocked to learn that he befriended someone online.

The five of them raised their glass before taking a big sip of their beverage. Maybe tonight wouldn't be as awful as Z had thought earlier. 

✟ In memory of Vi the hamster.
[ 10 - 04 - 2018, 14:55, the Netherlands ]