| 37 |

☯

Z smiled as he glanced down at the plastic rose he was holding between his fingers. It was a remembrance of the fun night he had with Latvia.

He had bought her a bouquet of fake roses, since real roses wither so soon. She had chuckled but accepted the fake roses, but she gave him one. Since she wanted them both to remember the night- after she said that he noticed how her cheeks turned into a soft pink colour.

It made him smile to see her like that.

"Hi Z, you alive".

He turned his head slightly to see his friends playing Halo. Z shook his head as he hid the fake rose in a drawer before making his way over to his living room.

"Yeah but you're not" he replied as he pointed at the screen, it caused Cyriel to scream in shock.

Yuan rubbed his ears as he looked at the screamer, "auch".

"You didn't get killed, so what's up with your auch" Cyriel mumbled as he let his head fall backwards, "I was on such a roll".

Z shook his head as he took a seat on the free space of the couch, "I don't know what you're talking about, you're not very good at this game. Besides what's bothering you".

Cyriel raised his eyebrows, probably wondering how Z figured out there was something wrong with him.

It was silent in the room, except for Yuan who was eating Graham crackers. He already gave Z the evil eye for not having proper snacks in his home.

"Well it's Nana, she wants me to meet her friend" he said with a sigh, "but I'm not ready to meet her friends yet. I haven't known her for that long either, just a few weeks. Is it too much to ask her to wait".

Cyriel turned to face Yuan, which caused him to turn his back to Z.

Feeling annoyed Z gave Cyriel's back a push with his feet, causing the older boy to fall on the ground with a thud. Which wasn't appreciated.

"I don't know what that was for so I'll just ignore that, but what should I do Yuan".

Z rolled his eyes as he softly kicked Cyriel's shoulder, "just be honest with her, tell her it's too soon. And don't exclude me bastard".

Both his friends looked at him in complete shock, not knowing what was happening right now. Z was actually giving Cyriel advice in his relationship, the Z who never dated a girl before because he's too disinterested in anything but cats.

"Did he just" Cyriel said.

Yuan nodded, "he just gave you advice about relationships. His longest relationship is with C the cat".

"Well it only seemed like a logical explanation. Drop it, it's not weird that I know things".

Z felt a little uncomfortable, his friends did mention that he changed in a good way and this only showed them they were right. He couldn't explain what was going on either.

"Well let's play Halo, maybe the old Z comes out when it gets competitive" Yuan joked as he started a new game for Z to join in on.

  ☯