An Unexpected Reunion

I don't own this story as it is property of the author Medrick1317 on Fanfiction

Chapter 1: Prologue

A/N: Hello everyone! Welcome to my first story. After reading fanfiction for a few years, I decided to take my spin on it. Hope you enjoy the ride!

An Unexpected Reunion

Acnologia watches the scene below him in morbid fascination as Tenrou Island completely vanishes thanks to his breath attack. Acnologia was a truly terrifying beast to behold. He was around 20-30 meters tall. The top half of his body was covered in black, armored scales. He had four horns protruding from the sides of his head extending backwards. The front of his head was round and blunt, his eyes were white and beady, his mouth housed razor sharp teeth, and his chin protruded into the shape of an arrowhead. His wings were black and had a feathery appearance to them, like a bird's. His under belly, inner tail and legs were all a dull grey color. His tail was long and ended in the shape of sharp dual-prong stinger. The most distinguishing feature were the blue tribal markings that covered the top half of his body.

The black dragon had originally come to the island sensing the black mage, Zeref, was on it. He wanted to kill the worthless human for the sins committed against him, 400 years ago. Sadly, fate was not too kind as Zeref had disappeared already, but he did get something out of this trip. He found a wizard guild on the island. And of all the guilds, it had to be the one founded by that brat, Mavis. Plus he saw the human he fought a few months ago too! Now that he thinks about it, only one of Mavis's 'brats' would have the guts to face him in mortal combat. Though 'fight' would be the biggest understatement since it only lasted for about three minutes. Still for a human to last that long, deserves some praise. It was one of the reasons he spared him and not out right killed him on the spot. Now he had several other mages to have fun with. They even had three dragonslayers! Well four if that artificial one was included. Unfortunately he soon saw that these dragonslayers were laughably weak. Compared to the slayers and mages of his age, these guys were pathetic. Then again none of these mages ever experienced war so it was kinda expected that none will have the capacity that the others had. Plus it looked like they were recovering from a fierce battle, but even that factor would not have changed the outcome much.

However, he did get some entertainment from the master of the guild. Being able to increase to his height and be able to hold him off for so long for his 'children' to escape was an impressive feat. However, surprise, surprise, the brats ignored his plea and came back at full forth engaging Acnologia in combat. Why was the dragon not surprised? Humanity really was one stubborn species. No matter how hard you put them down they just keep coming back up. Though he must admit these humans were entertaining him more than he had anticipated. Hell, the three dragonslayers managed to push him into the sea. This peaked his interest ever slightly and he decided to test the brats and see if they would be worthy of his attention in the future. He rose from the sea and prepared to launch a breath attack upon them. The mages then began gathering their magic together when his attack was launched. At the last moment, a sphere appeared blocking the attack. However, the collision caused a massive explosion to erupt from the chain reaction. Now as Acnologia looks at the emptiness where the island once stood, he senses a large magical energy below the surface of the sea. The dragon chuckles in amusement.

"So they survived, huh? Those humans are a tenacious bunch, I will give them that."

He looks around and no longer senses Zeref. The dragon growls at this, since he was hoping to end that immortal's miserable existence for good, but it seems he was having too much fun.

Oh well, it wasn't a total loss. He got to have a little fun. Something he hasn't had in a very long time. He decided it was time to leave and return to his lair on Mount Zonia. He flaps his large, blacks wings and sets off to the horizon.