Invasion Aftermath and Nightly Confrontations

Hello everyone! Welcome back. Now I know it has been a while since the last update. Current events have everyone on lockdown with it only slightly being lifted as of the date I am writing this note (06/01). Now I was planning to update earlier, but to a family emergency and my laptop's hard drive failing; my drive for writing took a dive. I know it's not much, but that's sadly how it's been for me these past three months. I never thought I would miss the outside and people this much. My heart goes to everyone and their families. Please stay safe in these difficult times. Godspeed everyone.

Anyway onto slightly more cheerful news, we now have the next update to RDK. Now originally this chapter was to go from the ending of the last chapter all the way to the end of when the crew got back the original Fairy Tail Guildhall and Mavis's talk with Zeref. However, I realized that the chapter would be WAY TOO LONG and be a nightmare to edit. So I decided to edit into two parts. Hopefully, I can get the second part out soon.

This chapter will just be Naruto talking with the rest of the mages. Not much excitement, but there's need to be some downtime before we get to action again. Also some foreshadowing near the end and a Sekirei reference in the chapter. Now without further adieu, let the new chapter begin!

Invasion Aftermath: Nightly Confrontations

Naruto sighed as he held Wendy as she sobbed into his chest. This had been a very long night for both of them and Wendy was venting out her pent up frustrations/sorrows. He could understand though. She saw her sister killed in front of her, her necklace was destroyed, her foster mother reappeared, and she had to fight a dragon. Honestly, it was amazing how long she held it in. But everyone has their limits on how much shit they can take in one day before they snapped.

'Just like her mother when I saw her again.' He mused in nostalgia.

He looked to see Igneel, Grandeeney, and all of the human mages that were near the gate approach.

"Wendy. We have an audience waiting for us." His daughter nodded. The father/daughter duo turned to their audience. Some of them looked in relief, several were weary, many looked distrustful, and one, in particular, looked angry.

Naruto took one step and stumbled a bit before he balances himself. "Are you okay?" Mira asked.

Naruto looked up at her. He could see that despite being weary, she was genuinely concern about his condition. What an interesting girl. "Don't worry I'm fine." He glanced at his daughter with a look that said he meant it.

Mira did not look convinced. "Are you sure, Naruto?"

Naruto nodded. "Yes. I am simply a bit winded after my fight with Ghidorah. It has been a long time since I had to face someone of his strength. So I am still a bit rusty."

The take-over mage tilted her head in confusion. "Didn't you train for seven years?"

Naruto nodded. "Yes, I did. Which is why I did so well. If this was seven years ago, I would be in worse condition."

"Um...." Naruto turned to see Lucy looking at him. "You..." she began, but Naruto raised his hand.

"Look, I know you all have A LOT of questions. But let's leave them until we meet with everyone else, alright?"

Lucy gulped before nodding. "O-Okay." Natsu looked like he was about to say something, but Lucy stopped him. He grumbled as he glared as Naruto passed by them as everyone slowly followed him.

[Center of the capital city]

"What is our status, captain?" King Toma asked.

"Your majesty! From what we have gathered, several have been injured, but no casualties at the moment. However, the entire capital has been reduced to ruin and rubble. It would take months to get everything back to how they were hours ago."