StoryTime, and a Chance to Change

Perpare some tissues, you may need them, and also be ready for some serious WTF moments in the chapter. Ready? Alright then let the chapter begin!

StoryTime, and a Chance to Change

The silence that encompass the room was deafening. Kurama and Hinata were looking between the dragons and Naruto in shock. Naruto killed his surrogate father? Why though? What would cause him to do such an act against the being who most likely raised him like a son? Power? Revenge? None of those matched with Naruto's beliefs or ideologies. But they had no idea how long it has been for Naruto after his execution. So it's possible that he changed to someone much more bitter and vengeful than his old self. However, any doubts were removed when they saw how the aforementioned blonde was taking the appearance of the two dragons. In layman's terms, Naruto was shaking like a frightened rabbit. They could tell Naruto was terrified of speaking with the former dragon king, let alone being in the same room as him. Speaking of Naruto, said blond could not look at Thoron in the eye. He had disgraced the great legacy Thoron had left him with his actions during The Dragon Civil War. He spat on his ideals and his last wishes. That was why at the moment he had his head lowered in shame, not being able to look at Thoron directly. As far as he was concerned, he should not be king. And yet, none of the dragons came after him to take the crown. Was it because he was the strongest, or because the crystal still saw him worthy? But why though?! He had done nothing to earn that title or its benefits. All he did was bring the dragon race to near extinction. Hell all he has been doing for the last 400 years is destroy countless empires and civilizations. Even if many were ruled by a tyrannical men or were followers of Zeref, he didn't just kill the king, he killed everything. Every man, woman, and child were eradicated by him. It was a literal genocide. He brought nothing but death, destruction, and annihilation to anything and anyone that came in his line of sight. All in the name of filling the empty void that had not closed in those 400 years.

The blonde was cut from his musings when a black claw touched his chin and lifted his head. He locked his eyes with Thoron. While he expected rage or disappointment, he did not expect a gentle expression on Thoron's maw. He merely smiled at Naruto's bewildered look.

"It has been a long time, my son. You have grown to become a magnificent dragon, Naruto."

Naruto eyes widened and just gawked at his predecessor while ignoring the screams coming from Minato and Kushina about calling him that name. Naruto pushed the claw away and looked at Thoron in anguish and confusion.

"How can you say that to me? How can you say all that after everything I have done?! I killed you! I killed countless of my brethren in cold blood! Hell part of me enjoyed it while I saw their lives being taken away as their eyes lost their light and they fell into the cold earth. For dragon's sake I drank and bathed in their blood and ate some of their flesh and hearts?! HOW CAN YOU STILL LOOK AT ME WITH SUCH LOVE AND AFFECTION?! I DON'T DESERVE TO BE LOVED?! WHY DON'T YOU SCORN ME?! WHY DON'T YOU HATE ME?! ANSWER ME!

By the end of his rant Naruto was on his hands and knees opening weeping and shaking. He couldn't understand why his father still loved him after everything he has done to him, to their people, to his legacy. Hinata could not stand anymore and watch her beloved look so broken. The last time she saw him like this was before his execution. She rushed to his side and did her best to comfort him despite his protest. She did not care about the things that he had done. It's been years since she saw him and people change as tragedy happens to them. She did not care if he was the reincarnation of evil itself. She promised she would love him for all eternity even if it meant falling into the depths of hell to be with him. She would jump off the edge without a second thought.

Kurama looked at the scene with sad expression on his maw. He knew what it was like to have failed a father and to have killed thousands of people for years. It was like him and Naruto were reflections of one another. It actually made him feel some pity to know that someone he came to care about like a son ended up like he did in his life. He looked to the Minato and Kushina and saw they were surprised at Naruto's sudden outburst since before he seemed like a stone cold killer. Now they saw that it was a facade to hide away away the shame, guilt, pain, and most importantly, the anger that lay deep within. Kurama just had to chuckle cynically. No matter how much time passes, some things would never change. In Naruto's case, wearing a mask to hide his true feelings.