Dragon Invasion: Arrival of the Promised Time

Hello everyone! Welcome to a new installment of RDK! I know this chapter is late, but things were complicated for me these past few months. After my trip to the Dominican Republic, I was not at my home for nearly a month. Plus I had to work on personal things in my life. Not to mention I am working to take a certified exam for my profession in these upcoming months. So I have been very busy. Again I apologize for the late update.

The second reason this has taken so long is that I was not satisfied with it. This is one of the three big climaxes this story will have. Its the end to the first major arc I have been building up to since the third chapter. So I wanted these next chapters to be as perfect as possible. But it was not easy. The third reason this took so long was the fights. I had to write/re-write several fights. Not to mention, all the original fights I also had to write. This made the following chapters very hard for me to write as writing an entertaining fight, but also has a good pace and realistic is not easy. I have to plan out the entire fight from beginning to end and also work on how affects the area around them.

So yeah I have been busy. All I can ask is for your continuing support and feedback on the chapters. Now, this grand finale will be broken into three or four chapters. If I made you guys wait until I had everything till the end of the climax done when the gate is closed, you would not have seen the update until October at the earliest. Thankfully all the fights have been outlined, so I just have to type them in the order they will go.

I will say this chapter will focus on the fight with Future Rogue, the Eclipse Gate opening, Naruto's revelation, the early dragon fights, and a few more surprises. I hope this satisfies all of your anxiety and enjoy the ride!

Dragon Invasion Part 1: Arrival of the Promised Time

Everyone was left completely stunned as they continued to stare at the older version of the shadow dragon slayer. They never expected to see another person from the future aside from Mirai Lucy! Just what is going on?!

However, not everyone was looking at Rogue with confusion, some looked at the man with mistrust and others with anger. Those latter looks came from the remaining Garou Knights as they got back on their feet to glare at the older shadow mage.

"You bastard! What did you do to our comrades?!" Kamika demanded

Rogue smirked. "Wouldn't you like to know?" The three knights roared as they charged at the older teen in front of them. All the while, Future Rogue was smirking in amusement. Wendy's eyes widen in concern. "WAIT! It's a trap!" she warned, but it was too late.

Kama tried to swing his blades down while Cosmos launched her vines with Kamika launching several of her magic paper. However, Future Rogue merely raised his arm as it was coated in a shadowy aura. With one swing, he ripped apart all the incoming attacks and sent his would-be attackers away several feet, injured and out cold.

Everyone looked in shock at how easily Future Rogue managed to dispatch the last members of the Garou Knights. Everyone gets tense as they prepared to defend themselves to fight, but were surprised when Future Rogue simply chuckles.

"Relax. I did not come here to fight any of you. Unfortunately, the fools on the ground would never listen to reason. As you all should know."

"If you didn't come here to help us, why are you here?" Mira asked in a suspicious tone.

Future Rogue tilts his head as he gives them a small smirk. "To open the door."

"The door?" everyone asked in confusion. "Do you mean the Eclipse Gate?" Lucy asked as Future Rogue nodded. "That's correct."