The Battle Royal Rages On, Darkness Descends

Hello everyone and welcome again to another installment of RDK! I apologize for the long wait, but I had a lot going on. I will never abandon any of my stories. I will always update my stories even if it takes a while. I am proud to say that after six years, I am a college graduate. It feels so good to be done. So I plan to hopefully post this before a planned vacation trip with my family.

Avengers Endgame left me in tears, which I have not done for a movie in years. I was left mentally and emotionally exhausted. And just this week I saw Godzilla King of the Monsters and it was awesome. Long Live the King! Man, that was such a fun time. Now then this finishes the GMG and the beginning of the invasion portion of this arc. Since this chapter finishes the GMG, expect for this chapter to be nothing but fights. I apologize if any drag out, but I did not want to skip any fights and wanted to take my own spin as a lot of changes were made. I hope everyone is ready because we are approaching the endgame.

Now on with the chapter!

The Battle Royal Rages On! The Darkness begins to Descend.

The rescue team along with Lucy, Yukino, and Loki simply stared in shock at the other Lucy.

"What the hell is going on?! Why are there two Lucys!" Natsu comically shouted in confusion as he looked back and forth between the two Lucys.

"It can't be Gemini. They haven't been summoned." Yukino nervously said as sweat dripped down the sides of her cheek.

"You're not acting like Edolas-Lucy, either." Happy continued.

The second Lucy bit her lip anxiously before looking back up to her spectators. "I am sure you are aware of the Eclipse Gate, right?" she asked.

Everyone felt their eyes widen in recognition. "Wait you don't mean....." Lily began as the other Lucy nodded. "I used the gate to arrive here from the future."

"THE FUTURE?!" everyone shouted in shock.

"But why?" a stun Loki asked. Mirai Lucy began to wobble as her vision became blurry. "I n-n-n-needed to w-w-warn y...ou...all."

"Woah!" everyone shouted as Natsu and Wendy quickly ran up and caught her before she fell to the ground. "Is she okay?" a concerned Happy asked.

Loki gently touched her forehead. He frowned as he answered. "She's completely exhausted. Not to mention she's burning up. We need to get her out of here."

"This is really weird," Lucy muttered as she continued to look at her future self as everyone continued their trek out of the palace.

[Hisui's Viewing Balcony]

"Hisui-hime, what will do now that the keys have been retrieved?" Minister Darton asked as he looked towards the princess as he gazed out of her balcony.

"It doesn't matter." she finally answered. Darton blinked in confusion "Doesn't matter? What do you mean, princess?" He asked in a confused tone.

"I have already used the keys to release the locks on the gate. Now we have to do is wait. Whether we open the gate or not will depend on the outcome of the GMG today."

[Within the city arena]

"Hm. It's you." Gajeel grunted as Rogue appeared a few feet away. "Gajeel. I will beat you this time," he said a determined Rogue. Gajeel merely scoffed.

"You said that the last time. This time, I won't be as kind as before." Gajeel then began to release his magical power as a green aura enveloped his body as he glared at Rogue. "I won't be pulling any punches."