Proposal

~Soraya~

Nina and I are back in Canada for a week now. Our appartment is totally finished now and it looks so cute. In one week, collage will start, I'm really excited and I really wanna go there to see how everything works here and to make new friends. Yesterday Shawn asked me if I wanted to go on a date with him tonight. Of course I said yes, so Nina and I are now shopping for a dress and I also bought some new makeup. 'What about this dress?' Nina holds a dress in her hands. It's a deep blue dress till the knees and on the back it falls to the ground. It's an off-shoulder dress and the top is tight till the waist. 'It.. it's so beautiful. Let me fit that.' I take the dress and put it on. When I look in the mirror I feel like a princess. It perfectly fits and it looks amazing with my hair and eye color. This will be the one.
When we come back in our apartment I immediately start doing my makeup. Nina does my hair. Then I put my dress on. 'You look so beautiful.' 'Thank you.' Then I hear someone knocking on the door. My heart stops for a second. I walk to the door and open it. 'WOW! Soraya, I.. I'm speechless. You look so very beautiful, like a princess. But you are my princess.' Shawn smiles at me like he never saw a girl in a dress before. 'Thank you, handsome. You look very good, too.' 'Well, definitely not better than you. But that doesn't matter. Ready to go?' 'Yes, of course!' Shawn takes my hand and I wave to Nina. Then we go away.

The food is amazing, I've never tasted anything so good as this. Shawn and I have good conversations and we have a lot of fun. In a few minutes they'll serve our desserts and I can't wait because I really love the sweet taste of brownies and ice. Suddenly Shawn stands up and walks to me. He falls down on one knee and takes my hand. I don't know how to react. I feel frozen and also so happy but I can't speak. I guess I know what he's going to do. Shawn looks in my eyes all the time and then starts speaking: 'Dear Soraya, I know you're going through a rough time now and I actually wanted to say all this a few weeks later but some things happened so it wasn't the right time. But now I think it's the perfect time to show you my love. The first time I saw you I completely fell in love with you. Your eyes were like the most beautiful blue I've ever seen and your hair was so perfect. You smiled at me and asked me if I was okay. I was scared I couldn't answer you because I was frozen because of you. We started to talk more and now we're here. We know each other now for a long time, at least it feels like it. I've been thinking a lot lately and my mind was always with you. I can't live without you anymore. Last months we've been separated for a while and that were the most terrible days in my life. I feel like I'm not me when I'm without you, like I'm only a half. You make me complete. You are my better half. My soulmate. My everything. So, dear, sweet Soraya. Do you wanna marry me so we will always be together, for ever and always?' I'm crying, this was the most beautiful time of my life. I am sure I'm the luckiest and happiest girl in the world. Everyone in the restaurant is looking at us and smiling. Then I realize Shawn is looking at me and waiting for my answer. 'Yes, yes of course I wanna marry you!' I fall in his arms and kiss him. The whole restaurant claps and yells and smile. This is the best day of my life, for sure.