Chapter 1

Faith

When we married we agreed that three days apart was the rule. At first it was really nice and when Gracie came along it became less than three days because Tim couldn't stand being away from her that long. But once Maggie and Audrey came along and I stopped working those days stretched into weeks. Most of the time it is fine because country music has turned into a man's world. There have been some stretches of time that I really needed him to be home more often but I keep my mouth shut. Audrey is three and really misses Tim when he isn't home. Gracie is nine and has started to show her attitude more and at times it would be nice to have him here to help. I just finished breakfast and the girls are on their way down. I go to the fridge and look at our calendar, it has been almost two weeks since he has been home. His team thinks that he should do promotion between concerts. The girls have seen more of their father on television lately than in real life. “mommy?” Audrey asks sitting down. “yes honey?” “When's daddy home?” She asks like every morning. “not sure baby. But I will call him.” I said getting my phone. I dial his number and it rings a few times before he answers. “hello?” “Hey baby.” “Hey! What's going on mama?” “Well Audrey wants to know when you will be home?” “Uh well I have a couple of interviews today.” He said. “I can barely remember him.” Audrey said and I had to take deep breaths. “who said that Faith?” Tim asked. “you heard that?” “yes. Now who said it?” He asked again. “Audrey.” I heard him sigh on the other end. “you still there?” I asked. “of course I am.” He said. “I'll be home today. Screw the interviews. My family is more important.” He said. “I love you.” I said. “I love you too.” I hung up the phone. “so?” Audrey asked. “he is coming home today.” I said excitedly. All three got the biggest smiles on their faces.