Chapter 5

Faith

“Mommy? What's going on?” Maggie asks. “nothing sweetie.” I said smiling as best as possible. “then why did daddy leave?” “We both needed to calm down.” Tim's old manager was fantastic but he left when Tim changed labels. The new manager Eli is not so understanding about family and the importance it has on Tim and me. “Can we just order pizza tonight?” Gracie asked coming in. “sure.” I said hugging her. “where's Audrey?” I asked. “in her room. She has been acting weird since dad got home.” “Okay. I will go and talk to her.” I said going upstairs. I knock on her bedroom door and go in. “hey. What's wrong baby?” I asked. “I don't know. I am happy that daddy is home. But I don't want him leaving again.” “I feel the same way Audrey. But I am also going to spend as much time with him as possible.” I said. “okay.” She said happier. I leave her be and decided to go find Tim and try to talk again. “hey honey.” I said finding him out back. “hey.” “Listen.” “No faith I understand. I need to put my foot down.” Tim said. “let's go inside and not waste anymore time.” I said going over to kiss him. “You know if we have a few minutes…” “later.” I said winking. We go inside to see Eli sitting at our table. “what are you doing here?” I asked. “wanted to talk with my main man.” He said cocky. “Eli? I am on a break with my family.” Tim said coming in the room. “Well I had an idea that couldn't wait!” He said looking at me funny. “it couldn't wait? I have three days home before you take me out for another long trip.” Tim said. “go get that thing.” He told Tim. Once Tim left the room he walked over to me. I was trying to start dinner, I didn't want to talk to him. “what's your problem with me?” He blatantly asks. “nothing.” I said. “Faith I know you don't like me.” He said trapping me in the corner of the kitchen. “you need to move.” “I will when you answer my question.” “I don't like you keeping my husband away from his children.” he came a little closer and whispered. “you know there are ways to make me change my mind about the amount of time Tim is away.” He said placing a hand on my waist. “Are you serious?” I asked appalled. “yes. Think about it.” He said placing a phone in my back pocket then smacking it. Finally Tim came back and Eli left.