Chapter 25

Tim

Faith finally fell asleep and the doctor got started. “you see Mr. McGraw.” “You can call me Tim.” “okay. Well Tim this procedure is very invasive. They don't recommend it but with special circumstances it can be done. You see we have to go up the exact route the baby comes out of the womb from. We gently prick the placenta and get a small portion of blood. The placenta carries the DNA of both parents.” “Oh wow. I didn't know that. How long will the results take to get?” “It could be later today or tomorrow.” He said concentrating again. “All done!” He said showing me a small vile of blood. “any rules following this procedure?” I asked. “yes. No sex for a few days. I will also prescribe a small dose pain killer if she needs it. I will take this to the nurse go ahead and get her dressed.” I nodded and gently got her clothes back on her. A nurse came in and smiled. “the test is being ran now. We put a rush on it.” “Okay. When should she wake up?” I asked. “not much longer.” As if on cue Faith woke up and looked around. “did everything go okay?” She asked trying to sit up. “yeah baby. Just relax.” I said holding her hand. “Are you in any pain?” The nurse asked. “not really. Just a little discomfort. When will we know?” “Later today or tomorrow. If you feel fine I will get you out of here.” The nurse said. “I want to go home.” Faith said getting up. I helped her into the car and the girls were home with my mom. “mommy and daddy are home!” I yell. Audrey came running to us and was so happy to see Faith. “be easy on her Audrey. She just went through a small thing at the doctor.” I said. She then went over to Faith and gave her a small hug. “how did it go?” Mom asked as the girls went to play. “good. We may find out today or tomorrow.” “Well that's good! How is she?” “Fine. Just hated seeing her have to go through that.” “I know. But it is yours.” She said leaving.