Chapter 12

Faith

I just finished cleaning up breakfast when the other phone went off. “You best be leaving your house.” It read. I didn't reply but went to find Tim. “hey. I need to run out for a little.” “Okay. The girls and I are going to watch a movie.” He said. I smiled and got in the car. I drove to the address and was so close to leaving. I really didn't want to do this. I get out and he is leaning on his car. “Hello.” “Let's get this over with.” I said as he started walking. We get to a room and he opens the door. “Ladies first.” I didn't say anything. I didn't want to be here. I sit on the chair and he pats the bed. “come over here.” “I would rather stay here.” I said. “I only came to tell you to leave me alone.” “well too bad that's not going to happen.” “Why are you doing this to me?” “No reason. Now Tim is scheduled to be in the Midwest for about three days. That time can extend to weeks. I could even get him scheduled for Canada…” he said. “now all I need you to do is be still and enjoy this.” He said coming over to me. I am struggling to keep it together as he starts trying to take my jacket off. I can't help but shake. “just let it happen Faith.” He whispers kissing my shoulder. I was begging for an escape when he started to run his hand up my shirt. Just as he groped my breasts my actual cell phone rang. It was Betty. “let it go to voicemail.” “I can't. Tim's mom never calls me. So something must be up.” I said getting away from his hands. I grab my purse and run to the car. “hello?” “Hey. I was thinking you needed some help.” “You have no idea.” “Did he do anything?” “Yeah. Touched me. But you called before it could get worse.” “you need to tell Tim.” She said. “I will when I get home.” I drove home and tried to practice how I was going to say this to him. I pull into the driveway and go inside. “Tim?” i yell as i go in. “In the bedroom.” i hear faintly. I go upstairs to see him frantically packing a bag.”What’s going on?” “Trip home cancelled. Some big gig opened up in Canada last minute.” he said. “Huh? You haven’t even been home for a day.” i said crying. Normally i try not to cry but i wanted more time with him. “I know. Please don’t cry.” I turned and left the room but of course that damn phone went off. “Should’ve let me get what i wanted.” it said. I wanted to throw the damn thing out the car and into the lake. I hated having to break this to the girls. I slowly gather them in Gracie’s room and of course Audrey started crying really loud. It was breaking my heart. “Honey please don’t cry.” i said crying some. “But he just got home!” Maggie said sadly. “I know.” “What did you do to make him want to leave?” Gracie shouted. “Young lady you will not talk to me like that!” i said mad. “girls?” Tim said knocking. “we are here.” I said. “look if you don't want me to go I won't.” He said. “you need to. You won't let your fans down.” I said. He sighed and said goodbye to all of us. “Mommy. Why can't daddy just stay home?” Audrey asked. “because. He loves his career almost as much as us.” I said. I knew that this time was going to be the hardest. They finally went to sleep so I went to lay down. I couldn't help but cry this time. I didn't want him to touch me but I didn't think this would happen.