Chapter 27

A few months later

Faith

Tim has been amazing throughout this pregnancy. He hasn't made any comment that would say he was mad. My due date is quickly approaching and it has been torture not knowing who the father is. I don't want to know the gender until I know who the father is. “Faith you okay?” Yelled Tim from the kitchen. “uh.” I started as I felt that familiar feeling of my water breaking. “My water just broke.” I said as the contractions started. “I'll get the bag and call my mom!” He said. I get myself down and into the car as everyone hustles in. I clinch the side handle of the door in pain as the next contraction rips through me. “worse than the girls?” Tim asked keeping an eye on me and the road. “Yeah. So maybe it's a boy.” I said acknowledging the gender for the first time. “you mentioned a gender…” Tim said noticing. “I know.” I said as we pulled up to the hospital. I get checked in as Betty comes for the girls. “just remember to still love this baby no matter what.” She said. “I know.” I said as they take Tim and I back to a room. “alright Mrs. McGraw. We are immediately running a paternity test against the DNA in your file?” “Yes. Just don't stress the baby too much please.” I said before a harder contraction hit. the nurse examined me and looked at us. “you ready to push?” She asked. “yes. I also don't want to know anything until the test is ran.” I said feeling guilty. “we just have names for different outcomes.” Tim added. “Okay.” The nurse said. I was wheeled to the birthing room and I began to push. We heard the cry and then a loud scream as I heard them take the blood. It was breaking my heart. My baby was in pain. “Give me my baby!” I yell and they brought the baby to me.” “Faith I thought you wanted to wait?” Tim asks. “I did but I heard the crying and it didn't matter.” I said snuggling this little body. “want to know?” He asked. I didn't but at the same time I want to know. “sure.” I said moving the blanket and reveal a little boy. “a boy.” I said crying and handing the nurse the baby. “alright we will get him cleaned and bring him back. Then we should have the results.” She said taking him. Tim held my hand the whole journey back to the room. “he is beautiful.” Tim said. “big brown eyes.” I said slowly. “what color eyes does Eli have?” “not sure.” Tim said. “I tried not to look at them.” I said. “Someone is still crying and wants mommy.” The nurse said. “we also have the results.” “Okay.” I said taking him from the nurse and he immediately cuddles into me. “let me go get the doctor.” Betty came in the room as we waited. “Tracey took the girls to get food.” “Okay.” “Did you see the gender?” “Yes. It's a boy.” I said showing him. “oh my goodness. He looks just like Tim. Those big brown eyes and lips.” Betty said. “well I guess grandma beat me to the reveal. Tim that is your son.” The doctor said happily. “really?” Tim asked.  “Yes. Now give that boy a name.” He said leaving. The nurse came in ready to write it. “Samuel Austin McGraw.” I said crying. “great choice.”