Chapter 28

Tim

He is my son! God I couldn't be more relieved. “want to hold your son?” Faith asked. “of course I do!” I said gently taking him. “he is perfect.” I said. “yes. We finally got a boy baby.” Faith said. He started getting fussy again so I handed him back to Faith. “probably still not happy from the needle.” She said rocking him. It was so nice to see him responding to her. “I'll go get the girls. I know they are excited to see him.” I left the room temporarily and Audrey was the most excited. “Is it a boy or girl?” Maggie asked. “it's a surprise.” I said. “it's a boy.” Gracie said. “I just know it is.” I tried not to smile I want them to be surprised. “here's the room. Now please be very quiet. The baby had to have some blood drawn so the baby isn't happy.” “okay.” They all said. I open the door and Faith is so happy to see the girls. “hi girls. Want to meet your little brother?” She asked. “I knew it was a boy!” Gracie said. “I want to see him!” Audrey asked jumping up and down. I caught her mid jump and showed her. “he is so tiny!” She yelled and before we knew it he was crying again. “sorry mommy.” Audrey whispered. “it's okay baby. If I wasn't tired I would scream too!” “What's his name?” Maggie asked as Faith got him quiet again. “wow mom. He really knows who you are.” Gracie said. “you three were the same. Audrey was the worst.” “His name is Samuel Austin.” Faith said looking at me. “just like Daddy!” Maggie said. “yes. Alright girls. I need you to be good for MeeMaw. Daddy, Samuel, and I could be home tonight or tomorrow.” “Okay.” They all promised. I walked them back out to my mom and then back to Faith. “want to sleep for a bit? I'll keep an eye on him.” “sure.” She said. I took him in my arms and went to the chair. He is so beautiful and I am so glad this worked out the way it should have.