Chapter 23

2 weeks later

Tim

Faith and I are at a specialist to get a paternity test done. It frustrates me to know that it could be Eli's baby. But I hate that it is stressing Faith out. “Hey. I will accept this baby no matter what.” I said. “I know you will. I just hate the fact that he did what he did.” She said playing with her fingers. “McGraw?” The nurse called and we got up to follow her to a room. “Faith go ahead and change. The doctor will be here soon.” She said handing Faith a gown. “what two ways can they tell?” I asked. “maybe blood. Or they have to go a little more in-depth. It all depends.” Faith said. “you did your research.” “Yes. I would rather do blood. The other is a little painful and uncomfortable.” She said. Now I am mad again because she has to go through this too. “Hi Faith.” The doctor said coming in. “hi.” “So it says you want to have a paternity test ran?” He asked. “yes. I was uh raped about a month and a half ago. I just want to make sure that Tim is still the father of this baby.” Faith said. “oh I am terribly sorry about the ordeal that brought you here. But we will get this taken care of. How far along are you?” “about 7 almost 8 weeks.” Faith said. “if you were a little further along I could do blood work. But the best possible way is to the more invasive way. I hate doing it but you can be awake if you would like.” The doctor said. “whatever we have to do. I would rather be awake.” The doctor left and I looked at Faith. “I wish I would have killed him. You shouldn't have to be put through this.” I said taking her hand. “yeah. But on the plus side. We may be having another little baby.” That brought a big smile to my face. “alright Mr. McGraw. Roll your sleeve up and I will draw some blood. You also said you had some DNA from the other possible donor?” The nurse asked. “yes.” I said handing her the bag of hair. She got the blood and left as the doctor came back.