Tratie- A walk through NY

Travis POV

My hand itched to entangle it with Katie's. I was reluctant though, what if this drives her over the edge, what if she only thinks of us as friends? I genuinely like her and I want to be more than that. We strolled side by side, my feet matched her pace as we marched through a cloudy New York day. I could smell in the wind that it was going to rain.

There were little shops on our sides, their windows showcasing the most lavish of their products. The quintessential New York traffic was starting to form as people honked each other to move faster. Everyone wanted after a longspun day of work to spend time with their loved one and relax.

The only thing that I wanted to accomplish more than anything today is to get enough guts to ask her the big question. All big goals need little ones to establish it so the only thing I should concentrate on currently is where to take her to dinner. I needed to go somewhere that is intricate but also casual in case things go south. I needed this night to be ideal, I have to impress her.

There is a skip in her step every time she moves onward. She looks sparkling like we had an astonishing day even though we're just getting started. Her hands are fiddling with her braids as she grins at the New York landscape.

"Travis?" She murmurs softly as if she's nervous.

"Yes?" Of course! Why didn't I think of this, conversation the best way to get things started.

"I was just thinking of how many headaches you have caused me over the years."

"Oh, um. Ok." Smooth Travis, real smooth.

"Have you kept track of how many pranks you have done on the Demeter cabin so far?"

"I don't remember doing any." Lies, why are you telling her lies?!

She raises her eyebrows and glimpsed at me. "Really? What about the time you put plant poisoning if our food or was that Conner?"

"That was me," I grumbled under my breath.

"What about that other time when the put a never-ending tilting water bucket over our porch. It was magically fastened so no one could get it off and we had to just deal with it for 2 months."

"Conner did that one." I smile at her. "I did all the planning."

I wink at her, smirking.

She laughs at me rolling her eyes. I just love the sound of her laugh, the demigods in the Aphrodite cabin always prepare their laughs. You can hear them shrieking all over camp. Katie though, her laugh is perfect from the beginning.

Katie abruptly stops in her tracks her eyes broaden as she walked closer to a store. Her hands press against the glass and gaze at a particular bracelet in the bottom. It was a steel bracelet made to look like a circlet of vines entangling your wrist. Each leave was embedded with a little gemstone.

"Travis, look how perfect it looks." Her eyes were wide in reverence. She shakes her head and neglects the window. "It's too expensive, I have enough jewelry I don't need it."

I have never noticed her wear a single piece of jewelry except for her camp necklace. I'm not even sure if she has jewelry. I'm going to get that bracelet for her and even better I'm probably not going to steal it.

My mind went avid thinking about all the marvelous ways that I can achieve that bracelet. A single droplet of rain landed on my nose and it snapped me out of my trance. I look over to Katie and see her face explode into a grin.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"Probably not," I assure her truthfully.

"Hold my hand," She reached her hand out and grabs mine. My heart fluttered, she held my hand willingly. "Let's go dancing in the rain."

~~~

We were drenched through by the time we finally got to the restaurant. Apparently Olive Garden can pass for a casual and fancy place. Katie's dress was now a whole tone darker than what it was this evening, the peaks of her dress were dripping with water.

"Come on let's go in before we get any wetter."

She stretches her hand out for the handle and I stop her. "Katie, wait. I have something that I would like to tell you."

She looks up at me her eyes green eyes filled with joy.

"Your the most beautiful, luxurious, talented, wondrous girl that I've ever met." I pause thinking was to say next.

"I would like us to be something more." My heart pounded harder than it has ever done. That's remarkable considering how many life and death situations I've been in.

"Would you do me the honor and agree to be my girlfriend?"

Her face emitted into a grin and gave me a magnanimous hug. "I would love to Travis. That would be the most astounding thing that ever transpired to me."

I pulled out a little box from my pocket and gave it to her. She opened the box and her she looked even more sparkling.

"Travis, did you get this for me?!"

"Of course, why would I need a bracelet?"

"When did you get it? I was with you the entire time!" She asked me, there was a hint of bewilderment floating around in her voice.

"Apparently you go to the bathroom for a very lengthy time."

"Come on! Three minutes isn't that long."

"Long enough for me to steal it," I smirk at her.

She looks at me into the eyes like she's scolding a puppy. "Travis you know stealing is incorrect, return it right now!"

"Fine. I left the money on the front desk."

"Swear it on the river of Styx?" Wow, she is serious about the no steal policy, this might be more troublesome than I thought.

"I swear on the river of Styx."

"Good for you, let's go eat now." She reaches her hand out to go in and I stop her. She looks at me again expecting for me to state something.

What was I going to say again?

"I have skittles in my mouth, wanna taste the rainbow?" I wink at her flashing her a grin.

She laughs, "Ew, no. Stop pushing your luck, now get in there before I decide to break up with you."