Percabeth

Annabeth POV

*BuZZZZZ BuZZZZZ BuZZZZZ*

My alarm clock goes off as I look up at the roof of my room. Why am I up so early today? I ask myself. I look to my right as I see my calendar, on today's date I see a big red circle with arrows pointing to it. "GROVER'S B-DAY!" Was written all over.

I get out of bed and put on my Camp Half-blood shirt and my jeans. I open the door to my room, head out and down the hall. I stop at the next door to my right. I slowly creep in and see a Percy sleeping in the bed. I mount my feet and leap right on top of him. 

"Perseus Jackson" I whispered in my most Monster-like voice. I placed two fingers on his Achilles heel and run my hand down his back. I can feel his back stiffen under my touch. He looks up at me, hand already in his Nemo pajama's pocket. When he see's that it is me, he chuckles and goes back to sleep.

"Percy it's Grover's birthday! Did you forget?!" I ask him. He frowns and buries his head deeper in his pillow. 

"Percy did you hear me, it's Grover's birthday!?"

"Fine, I'm getting up." He pushes me off his back and gets out of bed. 

I head out of his room ready to go to the kitchen. I walk down the stairs my hand sliding against the rail handles. I walk into our newly polished kitchen. 

"Now where is the flour?" I mumble to myself. I take out all of the ingredients to make Grover's favorite cake and some extra plates for a snack. I look back at the stairs and see Percy walking down.

"Hey, Percy! Good to see that you're already down." I told him, "Since you're already here can you go get the extra eggs from the basement fridge?"

He frowned and trudged his way down another flight of stairs. I dumped the flour into a bowl and mixed it in with some sugar. I look at the basement stairs and see Percy coming up with a handful of eggs. As soon as he reached the last step, he tripped. First goes the eggs, then goes his face. The eggs fly across the room and hits me square on the forehead.

I grin with egg yolk sliming down my face, "Percy your on!" I dip my hand into my flour mixture tossing it at him. 

He stood up and laughed, "Annabeth, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into." 

I ran behind the counter, digging for more flour. He chased me with some egg yolk dripping from his hand. 

"Catch me if you can, I'm the gingerbread man!" I took out a box of flour tossing the whole thing at him. 

I look around the kitchen seeing eggs and flour everywhere and a couple broken plates. I was about to throw another handful of food at him when I look at an all too familiar satyr standing in the doorway. 

Percy and I look at each other laughing. 

"Happy Birthday to you!" I barely managed to choke out.

"Happy Birthday to you! Happy birthday to Grover! Happy birthday to you!" Percy ended for me. Grover walked over to us and plopped a broken plate in his mouth. He stands next to us and puts an arm around each of us.

"Happy birthday to me!" He laughed, still looking at the mess that we made. Well, I hope that it didn't look that bad.