Jason- A tribute

Piper POV

"The music in my ears thundered, as my eyes stared out the window. There was an empty canvas of blue with a thick collection of clouds below. The people that were sitting around me were fast asleep dozing, they were saving their energy for when the flight ended. If it was up to my dad he would have sent over his private jet to pick me up. I really didn't want the attention, and I wasn't in the mood to ride a giant hunk of metal with my dad's face painted all over it.

I insisted that I would be fine, that I could pay for my own ticket back home to visit him. He said he would rather me not visit him at all than to have Tristan Mclean's daughter ride a public airplane on an economy seat. When I got to the airport my ticket was already overridden and promoted to a first-class seat.

The ride to LA from NY would only take about three hours but it wasn't enough time. I haven't seen my dad since my first quest. I wasn't quite ready to face him yet. I don't know what to say to him or if things would ever be what they were like before.

The tight cramped cabin of the plane didn't help with my nerves. They seemed like they were suffocating me swallowing me whole.

I closed my eyes tight and took a deep breath. I concentrated on the air going down through my nose down my chest and into my toes."

Breath.

"I slowly opened my eyes again, I turned my head back to the window. The sight of the clouds traveling beneath me always calmed me down.

As soon as I looked out the window I let out a scream.

Outside the window was a teenage boy. He was giving me a big smirk, smiling as if he enjoyed my fright. His blonde hair flapped through the wind and his eyes were filled with joy. I rolled my eyes at him as everyone else in the cabin turned around and looked at me like I was a mental idiot.

I remember that day I swore when I landed I would kill him. I didn't though, the first thing I did when I saw him waiting for me outside the airport. I kissed him hard, and I kissed him truly."

When I finished, there was no clapping, there was no joy. Everyone was sad for our friend, the one that was gone. Their heads were bent down and there were tears leaking everywhere. I could hear that I was breathing heavily and my voice quivered.

A single tear rolled down my face. I quickly wiped it away before anyone else could see it. I could feel an arm settle around my shoulders.

Nico's eyes were dark, his body shook slightly. "It's ok Piper, we all miss him."

I give Nico a sad smile and walk away.

I sat back down in my seat and I hear Nico walk up. His steps echo on the wooden stage. Each time he took a step it stabbed a deeper wound into my heat.

It is impossible to admit that I didn't love Jason. At first, it was as a friend, then a crush, a boyfriend, when I look at him now I love him as a brother. No matter what he is to me, I still loved him with my heart.

Nico clears voice, I could hear a slight quiver.

"I know that I am the last of his friends to speak today. I want everyone to know that I miss him dearly. I visited him the other day when I went to Elysium. He wanted me to tell you that he misses all of you and hope you have a long happy life. And most of all Elysium is awesome."

Percy stands up and shouts from his seat. "I knew that he would be there! I knew that he made it!"

Everyone lets out a soft giggle, as Annabeth pulls him back down in his seat.

Nico looks at everyone and slightly smiles. "As I was saying, we may not see Jason today but I can assure that he is with us right now. Jason, I know you are hearing this right now so I will say it loud and clear. I want everyone to know that Jason helped me overcome one of the darkest moments of my life. We all sit here together as we pay our last tributes to our dear friend."

As Nico speaks the tips of the shroud lights on fire. The fire travels up the fabric, where the fire once was, the fabric turns into ash. Everyone sits in silence as the ashes of the shroud and body drift out into the air.

The ashes fly into the sky, they flip and flop as they drift away with the wind. In the end, Jason is where he always enjoyed being, in the sky flying through the winds.