Frazel- The Frog Princess

Hazel POV

I wandered through New Rome on this amazing day. The sun was out and there was a calm breeze blowing through the humid air. Even though it was the perfect day there was a steady heat of anger boiling in me.

Next time I see that animal killing monster he is going to die.

The morning when I got back to my room from training my favorite stuffed kitten was gone. In its place, someone had replaced it with a small note. It is written in the round handwriting that everyone in New Rome has gotten used to. If your stuffed animals suddenly disappear you know who to blame.

Of course, there was only one person crazy enough to steal. It was that stupid animal killing monster of a leader. Octavian. Just saying his name makes me angry and disgusted enough I want to puke.

Not only did he take my favorite stuffed animal, but he also took my birthday present. A couple of weeks ago Frank ventured out into the city to run errands. When he came back he gave me this beautiful stuffed kitty. Not only did Octavian steal my cat but also the gift that Frank gave me.

When I came and saw my bed empty this morning I saw a glimpse of the future. Octavian is going to die today.

Ugg. I hate that stupid cat snatching monster.

I was stomping through the paved roads of New Rome when I saw someone sitting on the side. When I recognized him all my anger disappeared. Frank was sitting in the soft vivid green grass of New Rome Park. There was a book sitting to his side. His hands were resting upon it. His eyes looked over the horizon onto New Rome City. His hair swept to the side of his face.

Did I mention that Frank is so hot?

I have always liked Frank. When he first came to camp we called him panda. After a few months, a realized that I liked Frank more than a friend. He was nice, handsome, caring and everything someone would look for in a boy.

It has been years since I have fallen in love. When I am with Frank I have the same feeling that I get when I was in Sammy. Except it's so different, they are both incredibly charming in their own way.

In a nutshell, I am helplessly in love.

The soft breeze pushed my dark curly hair across my face, and I watched Frank stare out into the horizon completely oblivious that I was watching him. A smile found it's self across my face as I got an idea. Frank seemed so peaceful looking over the horizon the only reasonable thing to do is to surprise him.

I slipped off my shoes at the side of the road. I slowly approached him trying to as light on my feet as possible. Each blade of grass bent below my weight. The closer I got the louder each step seemed to be. When I finally reached him he still didn't turn around.

"GRAGG" I screamed, I pounced on him, my hands rested in his shoulders.

I hear a small exasperated gasp from Frank. I laugh at him, there was a soft plop when the book fell from his lap onto the grass.

The area where Frank has been sitting was empty. In its place as a small from one-hundredth of the size of Frank. The frog looked at me with its big round eyes. The same eyes that I daydream about during practice.

Then I heard a croak from the grass. I looked down in the grass to see a frog with frank's eyes. I bent down and I was face to face to the frog. I could feel the heartbeat in my chest get stronger and faster. The solid thumping of my heart was all I could hear.

I bent down to my knees. My voice quivered with spoke softly to the frog. "Frank? Is that you?"

I was hoping that the frog would turn back into the big panda that I have learned to love. Instead, all it did was a croak. I took a deep breath. Breath. You can't help anyone if you stop breathing.

I swooped the frog into my hands and brought it to my face.

"You look like Frank. Well, not really Frank doesn't look like a Frog. He's more like a big cuddly panda bear." I mumble to myself.

"Guess you have the same eyes has him," My cheeks start to flush red as I realized that for all I knew I could be talking to the actual Frank. "not that I know what his eyes look like..."

"What about this, if you were Frank you would know what I was saying. If you are just a normal frog I'll set you free."

The frog croaked.

"One croak for yes, two croaks for no."

The frog stayed silent.

"I see, a stubborn one you are."

The frog hopped out of my hands and onto the book that Frank was reading. The title was written in a classic American cursive.

The Frog Prince

"No, there is no way that I'm kissing a frog, whether or not you are Frank."

The frog croaked again and jumped up onto my head. It started croaking again, this time more frantically. It was as if it was stating that this was all my fault.

I took a deep breath if Frank really turned into a frog because I scared him it really was my fault.

"Fine."

I held out my hands for him to hop into. I leaned into the body of the frog, I leaned in and closed my eyes lifting him up to my lips, soon warm lips instead of cold wet frog lips were pressed against mine.

I pulled away and I saw Frank smiling at me. I roll my eyes.

"You know this is against protocol."

He smiled at me and pulled me in closer. I turn away from him. My heart was pounding and my heart wanted this more than ever. I couldn't get him in trouble.

"You know that you could get in trouble for this."

He smiled at me, "I don't care."

He kissed me and this time I didn't stop him. Today Octavian stole my stuffed animal but Frank stole my heart.