Chapter Six

Jun and Zerra had successfully infiltrated the house without being seen by the police that was patrolling the area. Jun enters from the backdoor and finds himself in the kitchen. It was quite dark since the lights were off so he carefully walks through the room, trying not to knock anything off. He looks around but can't see more than two feet in front of him.

Jun: Zerra, I might need your help.
Zerra: Understood.

Zerra materialize next to him. She then creates two small orbs of flaming balls around her. With the light that was emitting from it, the room lightens up a little.

Jun: Careful. Don't make it too bright. We don't want the police to know that we're in here.
Zerra: Got it. (nods)

The two walks around the house and after a few minutes, they end up in a bedroom on the second floor. The room was a mess, like there was some sort of struggle that had happened.
Through Zerra's eyes, she can see traces of mana that was lingering in the air.

Zerra: Jun, there's some mana left. No doubt about it. A Servant was stealing the mana of the people who lived here.
Jun: What about the Servant? Can you still sense it's presence?
Zerra: I can still sense it. With this, I can now tell if the same Servant is within the surrounding area.
Jun: Good. We've got what we came for. Let's go before--.

Suddenly, Zerra quickly turns around. By the door of the room, there was a man wearing a jacket with a hood that covers most of his face. Zerra walks next to Jun without looking away from the unexpected visitor.

Zerra: Jun, be careful. He's a Master.
Jun: A Master...? (looks at man)

The man stares at the two with an evil smile on his face.

Hooded Man: We finally met.
Jun: Excuse me?
Hooded Man: Oh, right. You haven't seen me but I surely seen you.
Jun: What are you talking about?
Hooded Man: You survived my little trap that I've set. You even saved those people. You are one weird Master. If I were you, I would have left them to die to save myself.

Jun thinks for a moment and comes to a realization.

Jun: You...You're responsible for the incident at that convenience store.
Hooded Man: Bingo! Glad you catch up quickly.
Jun: And let me guess. You're also responsible for what happened here. Am I right?
Hooded Man: You're really sharp. I like that, kid.
Jun: Well what do you want?
Hooded Man: Now don't look at me like I'm some kind of stranger.
Zerra: That's because you are. And an enemy Master as well.

The man stares at Zerra with a serious look as he points at her.

Hooded Man: You shut your damn mouth, Servant. I wasn't talking to you.

Zerra was obviously angry but Jun place a hand on her shoulder to calm her down.

Jun: Who are you and what do you want?
Hooded Man: Me? I was just an ordinary man until I was dragged into this whole Holy Grail mess. For now, call me Zed.

The man removes his to reveal his face. He had short hair and seems to be in his thirties. He had a nasty scar across his right eye.

Jun: Zed?
Zed: That's my name when I'm participating in this war. Besides, I always wanted a name like that.
Jun: So, what do you want, Zed?
Zed: I've been watching you for some time. And it's obvious that you're not used to being a mage, just like me.
Jun: Why? What happened to you?
Zed: It's a loooong story. Let's just say I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. Anyway, I'll be frank with you. Team up with me.
Jun: Huh?
Zed: We're both new to this Master-Servant thing. If we team up and defeat the other Masters, we'll be the last two remaining. We can settle things when that time comes. What do you say?
Jun: No thanks.
Zed: Aren't you going to think it through? That was a fast reply you gave me.
Jun: There's nothing to think about. Honestly, I don't trust you. You give off this feeling that getting involve with you will be a mistake.