Chapter Nineteen

Zerra is in a tight spot when two of Mandy's enormous serpent-like creatures had wrapped themselves tightly around her. Aside from them, there were two others that was with the Servant. Zerra tries to break free but the snake's strength was too strong.

Mandy: What's wrong, old hag? Don't tell me that's the best you've got.
Zerra: S-Shut up! Once I get myself out of here, I'll--!
Mandy: You'll what? Spank me?

Mandy laughs at Zerra in a way to mock her. After a moment, she notice that Zerra had gone quiet and was hanging her head.

Mandy: Hey, hey, hey. Don't go die on me now. I haven't even skinned you alive yet!

Zerra slowly lifts her head with a grin on her face. Seeing this made Mandy irritated.

Mandy: What the hell are you smiling about?
Zerra: Oh, I was just thinking about how stupid of me for not noticing it earlier.
Mandy: Huh?
Zerra: If slicing you doesn't work...then I might as well burn you!

Suddenly, Zerra's body burst into flames. The two serpents couldn't handle the extreme heat so they had no choice but to release her. They quickly slither their way back to Mandy's side which burn marks all over their bodies. Zerra safely lands on the ground once she was free but maintained emitting flames from her body.

Mandy: You bitch! You'll pay for hurting my babies!
Zerra: Aren't you a little too young to be a mother?
Mandy: Shut up! Kill her! Kill her now! (points at Zerra)

The four serpents all launch themselves at the same time at Zerra.

Zerra: You're asking for it....(eyes glow)

The flames on Zerra's body suddenly increase in size and forms a wall of fire in front of her. The serpents stops in their track but were still too close. Their skin starts to melt from the intense heat so they back away a bit.

Zerra: You're not getting anywhere near me, brat.
Mandy: I wouldn't be too sure. (grins)
Zerra: What?

Zerra notice that there were only three serpents.

Zerra: Three? Where' the other--?

Suddenly, the fourth serpents burst from the sandy ground behind Zerra. It opens it's mouth, revealing it's row of razor sharp teeth. With it's extremely fast speed, the serpent bites Zerra on her left shoulder and drives it's teeth deep into her. Blood was everywhere and Zerra couldn't do anything but shout in pain.

Mandy: That's right! Rip her body in half! Tear her to pieces!
Zerra: A-As if I'll let you do that!

Again, her body emits powerful flames that sets the creature's head on fire. But despite that, it wasn't letting go of her shoulder.

Zerra: W-What...?! It's not letting go! Why...?!
Mandy: My children will do anything for me! If it's going to die, it might as well take you with it!
Zerra: Damn it...! Th-That's dirty!

Zerra's strength was slowly fading to the point where the flaming walls that was keeping the other serpents at bay disappears.

Mandy: This is your end, old hag!

The pain was starting to affect Zerra as her vision starts to blur. The bite from her attacker was getting worst as blood continues to flow from her wounds.

Zerra: C-Crap....This is bad. I'm too weak to even heal my wounds. If...If I die, my Noble Phantasm will activate. If it does, I might able able to kill her but....but...if that happens, my flames will spread out throughout the area and it might kill some civilians....(thinks to self)

Just when Zerra was about to pass out, a sudden surge of energy travels throughout her body. Blue mana particles circles around her like a violent whirlwind. The force was so strong that the serpent goes flying back to where Mandy was. The blonde Servant was shocked and couldn't understand what was happening.