Chapter Seventeen

While Jun and Zerra were in the middle of admiring the view of the ocean, they were unexpectedly attacked by a masked man and a little girl. After protecting her Master, it was obvious to the both of them that their attackers is a Master and a Servant. The girl cockily stands in front of her Master and provokes Zerra with a grin.

Mandy: Let's see what you've got...old hag.
Zerra: I'm going to rip that mouth off your little face, brat.
Mandy: Oh....Scary...(sarcastic)

The wound of Zerra's arm slowly starts to heal itself. Even though he was wearing a mask, he was obviously staring at Zerra's newly healed arm.

Masked Man: So the rumors were true.
Zerra: Rumors?
Masked Man: I've been hearing stories of how a talentless managed to get his hands on one of the most powerful Servants to be summoned.
Zerra: He is not talentless! He's--!

Jun place a hand over Zerra's shoulder and stops her from talking, much to his Servant's surprise.

Zerra: But, Jun...! (looks at Jun)
Jun: It's fine. Don't let his words get to you. Besides, he was half right.
Masked Man: "Half" you say?
Jun: That's right. I was indeed worthless but that was in the beginning. Now, I can proudly say that I have every right to be her Servant and her Master. (looks at man)
Masked Man: Oh? Then I shall test you and see for myself if that is true.
Jun: Bring it.

Zerra takes a step forward and as intense flames starts to emit from her body. She glares at the man's Servant but she only replies with a grin.

Mandy: Careful. You might bite off more than you can chew, old hag.
Zerra: That name...is Zerra, brat!

Zerra launch herself towards Many with great speed. Once close enough, all the flames that she had created gathers to her right hand. With one powerful hit, she strikes her target right on the stomach. The force of the blow was so strong that it sent shock waves throughout the area. However, Zerra couldn't celebrate because Mandy was still on her feet. What's more, the force of the punch didn't even move her an inch. Zerra was in shock when her target was staring at her while still grinning.

Zerra: Wh-What...? Impossible...
Mandy: My turn. (murmurs)

In a blink of an eye, Mandy counters with an uppercut to Zerra. The punch throws her a couple of feet backwards in the air but lands on her feet on the way down. However, her vision was blurry and was having a hard time standing.

Zerra: What the hell...? (holds head)
Jun: Zerra!

Jun was about to go to her side but she gestures with one hand not to do so. She talks to him without taking her eyes off of her enemy.

Jun: Zerra, are you alright?
Zerra: Y-Yeah...I'm fine. That took m-me by surprise though.
Mandy: You really are an old hag. All that power and you didn't even scratch me.
Zerra: This is only just the beginning. Don't get cocky, brat.
Mandy: Sigh. Your bark is worst than your bite.

Zerra once again summon flames around her body but Mandy wasn't impressed.

Mandy: The same trick won't work the same time. Do you know why?

Mandy slowly takes off the leather jacket and throws it away. Jun and Zerra were surprise to see that her skin was covered in scales with a dark green color.

Zerra: Scales?
Jun: What in the world...?(murmurs)
Masked Man: Don't be too surprised. You're going to lose your head if you're that easily startled.
Zerra: Just what...is she?
Masked Man: Her identity is something I cannot just give away. Unfortunately, I already know what you are.
Zerra: What? How?
Masked Man: With all the information I've gathered plus that incident at the city park, it was quite obvious, my dear Phoenix.
Jun: Tsk. Looks like the secret is out.
Masked Man: But the one I'm more worried is you. (points at Jun)
Jun: Huh? M-Me?
Masked Man: Your magic is very dangerous and I won't take any chances.
Jun: Shit. You even know that much.
Masked Man: Which is why you and I will fight as well.
Jun: W-What?
Zerra: I'm not letting you near my Master!
Masked Man: It is already done.