Chapter Eighteen

Jun was trapped inside of the man's personal space that was separated from the real world. Things start to pick up when Jun's Knights managed to withstand one of the masked man's powerful punches. After being knocked to the ground, the Knights get on their feet and prepares to attack. The man goes into a fighting stance and prepares as well.

Masked Man: Don't disappoint me, boy.
Jun: Gladly!

The two Knights attack once more as they charge at their target. When they were close enough, both swings their swords at the man but he casually blocks the attacks at the same time with each of his hands.

Masked Man: Too...slow!

He counters by again striking the body of the Knights but this time, they weren't able to handle it and crumbles into pieces. Jun was in total shock by this.

Jun: N-No way...
Masked Man: I told you not to disappoint me.
Jun: You weren't able to do that before.
Masked Man: Of course since I wasn't really giving it my all. But now that you were being serious, I had to as well. So, what now? Are you going to try and summon more in order to outnumber me? Why please, go right ahead. No matter how many you call, I'll simply break them down.

Jun was starting to panic as sweat runs down his face. But he snaps out of it and tries to think straight.

Jun: No, no. I have to stay calm. While I'm stuck here, Zerra is fighting his Servant all alone. I need to beat him as fast as possible. But...how...? (thinks to self)

While Jun was trying to keep it together, the man becomes impatient and suddenly rush towards him with great speed. Without any time to react, he grabs Jun by the neck and lifts him up. Jun immediately starts to gasp for air.

Masked Man: Do you really think I'll give you a room to breathe? You really are taking this fight for granted.
Jun: Y-You're...wrong...!
Masked Man: Struggling is futile. Why not just accept your fate and let me kill you. I'm sure you're tired as well.
Jun: W-What are...you talking...about...?
Masked Man: You were involved in this War, right? I'm sure you wanted to live a normal life but all of that was taken from you. Why don't you just disappear and be free from it all?

Jun's vision was starting to become blurry. In the midst of the conversation, the faces of Zerra, Maya, Erica and his mother flashes in his head.

Jun: S-Screw....you....There are people...waiting for me...back home! I can't just...die here!
Masked Man: You were mistaken. I'm not ordering you to die not suggesting it.
Jun: Yeah...? Here's what I think...about your "order"...!

Jun grabs the glove on the same hand that was grasping his neck. As he did, his hand glows blue as mana starts to flows from the gem on the glove to Jun's hand. Mere seconds later, the gem cracks a little. The man sees this and quickly react.

Masked Man: What the--?!

He lets go of Jun's neck but as he did, blue mana particles appear and cover Jun's entire right leg. With one powerful kick to the man's stomach, his enemy goes flying several feet backwards before hitting the ground. He lies there for a moment while moaning in pain. Jun on the other hand was breathless and starts panting hard. He looks at his right leg to see that the mana particles had already disperse.

Jun: I....I-I can't believe that actually worked.... (panting)

The man get on his feet while still holding his stomach in pain. Even though he was wearing a mask, blood was dripping from within, indicating that he was coughing out blood.

Masked Man: Y-You damn...b-brat.... (coughs)
Jun: I can't imagine the pain you're feeling right now. I must have felt like getting hit by a truck.