Chapter Fifteen

Neo instinctively cover his face with both arms to try and protect it from the flames. To his surprise thought, even though the entire room was now covered with flames, it didn't hurt him at all. In fact, it felt warm to the touch. He calms down as he slowly puts his arms down and stares at the flames around him.

Neo: This is...astonishing. It doesn't hurt at all. Even if it looks like fire, it feels like a warm gust of wind.

Neo was so enchanted by what was happening that he completely forgets about everything else. He returns to his senses when nervous Nia walks toward him and hold him by the arm.

Nia: Brother...?
Neo: Oh, N-Nia....Sorry about that. I...I lost myself for a moment. Are you alright?
Nia: Yes, don't worry. I was startled at first but then I realized that I was fine. Brother, what's happening?

Neo looks at Jun, who was still kneeling on the ground while moaning in pain.

Neo: Looks like it was a bit too much for Jun to handle. What's more, all the mana that he absorbed is transferring to Zerra. Don't worry, it'll subside soon.
Nia: But what about the flames...?
Neo: I don't know. I believe that these flames are part of Zerra. Since she doesn't see us as a threat, it doesn't affect us. Even the house isn't affected by it. Simply amazing.
Nia: Brother, just what is Zerra anyway? What's her identity?
Neo: I have a hunch but I'll keep quiet about it for now.

After a moment, the pain stops as Jun falls face first. At the same time, Zerra stops floating and drops to the ground before the flames quickly disappears. Neo checks on Jun while Nia goes to Zerra.

Neo: Jun! Can you hear me? Answer me!

Just when Neo was about to give up, Jun finally opens his eyes. Neo helps him sit as Jun rubs his head to ease the pain he was feeling.

Neo: You gave me quite a scare there.
Jun: H-Huh...? What...happened? Why do I have a splitting headache...?
Neo: Congratulations. You absorbed the Mana Stone I gave you. Although there was a little setback.
Jun: I-I see....(murmurs)

Jun then realize that Zerra was unconscious on the floor.

Jun: Zerra! (looks at Zerra)
Neo: Relax. She's fine. Some of the mana you got transferred to her. It was a little too much for her though and fainted. Don't worry because she'll be fine.
Jun: Man, that was a weird sensation. I felt....I felt mana flowing through my body. It was incredible.
Neo: That ought to give you a bit of a boost. I have a feeling that Zerra will be able to properly use her magic from now on. But keep on practicing your magic from time to time. We don't want you to get rusty now.
Jun: Of course. And...t-thank you.
Neo: I'll go get something to drink, alright? (smiles)
Jun: Y-Yeah...sure...(nods)

Neo goes to the stairs and climbs up back to the main hallway of the house. Once he was there, his face turns to a serious expression.

Neo: Setsuko, come.

Neo's Servant materialize next to him. She has an annoyed look on her face.

Neo: What's wrong?
Setsuko: Nothing.
Neo: Don't lie to me. I know that you're bad at hiding your emotions. I can read you like an open book.
Setsuko: S-Shut up. I told you it's nothing.

Setsuko stubbornly looks away and avoid making eye contact with Neo.

Neo: You were scared, weren't you?
Setsuko: E-Excuse me? Scared?! (looks at Neo)
Neo: Don't try to hide it. To be honest, I was startled myself.

Setsuko was surprise to hear that from Neo as she stares at her Master. Neo realize this.

Neo: What? Did I say something?
Setsuko: It's the first time I've heard you say something like that. Since the day that you've summoned me, I was always certain that no other mage was as strong as you. Aside from that Valerie girl.
Neo: I'm surprised at myself as well. But at that moment where Zerra unleashed her magic, I knew that she was someone who's magic is equal...no, even more superior than ours. I'm sure you know this as well.
Setsuko: Yes. I don't want to admit it but you're right. Before what just happened, her magic was so weak that even that fool Zed would have easily defeated her.
Neo: That's because her Master was a novice and couldn't provide her with the mana that she needed. But now, the situation has changed. I believe that those two are the key to defeat Valerie.
Setsuko: You want them to take care of that monster? Just because that her Master isn't affected by that woman's Nullifying Magic doesn't mean anything. Besides, it can still affect his Servant.
Neo: True but with our guidance, I'm sure we'll figure out a way.
Setusko: Tsk. Why are you even helping him? I thought the truce was for a ceasefire only.
Neo: Things have change. I'm just a little selfish, that's all.
Setsuko: What do you mean?
Neo: I just want to fight Jun and Zerra myself. I want to know just how strong those two are.
Setsuko: Sigh. Whatever. As long as your my Master, all I can do is go along.
Neo: What, are you saying that I'll lose to them.