Chapter Sixteen

Jessica was lying on a bed in the infirmary. Although she was unconscious, her face was showing signs of pain. Sitting on the same bed next to her was a worried Erica. She takes a towel and wipes the sweat off her friend's face. While she was carefully watching her friend's condition, a woman in a nurse uniform walks to her side.

Erica: H-How is she? (looks at woman)
Nurse: Her fever has gone down but we'll have to keep observing her.
Erica: Thank god.
Nurse: She's lucky that she was here in HQ when this happened. The type of poison that her body had gotten is quite rare. In fact, other than the Organization, there hasn't been a vaccine for it yet. How'd she even get it in the first place? Was she on a mission or something?
Erica: Ummm, y-yeah. Something like that.
Nurse: Well don't worry since our facility here is state of the art. You can leave everything to us so you don't need to be with her all the time.
Erica: Yes, thank you. I'll be on my way soon.
Nurse: Take your time. (smiles)

The nurse says her goodbye before leaving the two friends alone. Erica stares at her friend and tries to recall what happened.

Erica: There's no doubt about it. This was his Servant's fault. That liquid must have came from her and it was the cause of this. Information about his Servant is strictly confidential and only he and the higher ups knows about it. Sorry Jun but you'll be on your own for this one. I just hope that you'll manage things somehow. (thinks to self)

The next day. Jun was eating his lunch in the school's cafeteria by himself. As he was eating, Maya stops next to his table while carrying her lunch on a tray. He still had food in his mouth so she waits for him to finish eating before talking cheerfully.

Maya: Do you mind if I join? This spot seems to be the only table available.

Jun looks around to see that the cafeteria wasn't that crowded. She turns to her with a suspicious expression on his face.

Jun: What are you talking about? There are clearly other seats for you to take.
Maya: Jeez, I didn't knew you were this dense. Can't you take a hint? (pouts)
Jun: What the hell are you talking about? Besides, you'll eat here even if I tell you to leave.
Maya: You know me so well. (giggles)
Jun: Sigh. Whatever.

Maya takes the seat across from Jun and starts to eat her lunch as well. After taking a bite from her food, she starts a conversation with Jun.

Maya: Hey, Jun. About what happened the other day.
Jun: Huh?
Maya: You know, the day that I collapse while we were on our way to school.
Jun: O-Oh, that.
Maya: I really don't remember much but sorry if I made you skipped school. You even brought me back to your house so that I could rest properly.
Jun: Sure, no problem. And don't worry about it. One day of skipping school isn't a big deal.
Maya: Still, thank you. I...I really appreciate it. (blushing)
Jun: Just take good care of yourself.
Maya: Of course! (smiles)

Jun ends the conversation by continue eating but thinks about what just happened.

Jun: Looks like she doesn't suspect a thing. That's the last time I put her in danger. I better try and avoid being with her for now. I don't want the same thing happening to her again. If she gets hurt because of me...I'll regret it. (thinks to self)

After about 20 minutes, the two had finished eating their lunch. Maya rubs her stomach before giving a satisfying sigh.

Maya: Man, I'm stuffed....
Jun: Are you sure you're a girl because that's what a guy usually says.
Maya: Oh who cares? I'm sure acting like this once in awhile won't hurt.

Jun was about to stand when he suddenly feels a presence. He looks up at the ceiling and thinks about it for a moment.

Jun: Huh? Zerra's here. And she's...on the roof? (thinks to self)