Chapter Thirteen

Rain comes pouring down throughout the city. While other people are trying to find some shelter from the storm, others with umbrellas casually walk on. Despite the weather, two people were standing on the roofs of one of the tall buildings in the middle of the rain. It was the Everstone siblings: Neo and Nia. Both were wearing black raincoats with hoods. As they stare at the streets below, Nia comes closer to her brother and tightly grabs his arm. He can tell that she was nervous because her hand was trembling. He place a hand on her head to calm her down.

Neo: You don't have to force yourself to be here. You can leave if you want.

Nia doesn't reply but shakes her head in disagreement. Neo smiles a little since his sister was showing some courage despite being nervous.

Neo: If you want to be here then there's nothing I can do. However, I swear that I'll protect you no matter what happens.
Nia: O-Okay....

Their conversation was interrupted when Neo feels a presence. He turns around to see that it was Valerei Calvet. She had an emotionless expression on her face as she looks at the two siblings. Nia nervously hides behind her brother but takes a glimpse at her.

Neo: Valerei....(murmurs)

Upon closer inspection, he notice that despite not having an umbrella, Valerei's clothes weren't getting wet. Its as if the rain disappears just before it could hit her. Her presence was also intimidating that Neo couldn't help but feel the pressure.

Neo: Such power. I predicted that she was strong but....but....I never expected for her to be this strong.
Nia: Brother, w-what shall we do?
Neo: Strike hard and fast. Ready?
Nia: Y-Yes....(nods)
Neo: Then....here we go!

In an instant, both of the sibling's Servants appears before them. Nia's Servant was holding a very large scythe this time around. Neo looks at his Servant before the fight could start.

Neo: Setsuko, don't hold back. As of right now, she's the most dangerous enemy we have faced.
Setsuko: Understood.
Nia: K-Kuro, please assist in anyway you can. (looks at Kuro)

Nia's Servant nods his head as both prepares for battle. Valerei on the other hand was unmoved, still showing no signs of emotions. However, a shadowy figure was slowing revealing itself behind her.

Neo: There's no doubt that her Servant will be just as strong as her. Nia, get ready.
Nia: R-Right...(murmurs)

Meanwhile, in the basement of Jun's house. He and Zerra were sitting on the floor of the room. They were sitting inside a large magic circle with strange writing on it. Next to Jun were a bunch of ordinary things like a clock, lamp, and vase. Erica was with them and was standing behind Zerra. Jun had an exhausted look on his face and was sweating a bit too.

Erica: Let's do it again Jun. And this time, try not to lose focus.
Jun: Easier said than done.
Zerra: Don't worry. If you still can't do it right, we'll stop for today.

Jun picks up the vase from the pile that was next to him. He close his eyes while he firmly grabs hold of the object. A few seconds later, his hands starts to glow blue. As seconds pass, the area where Jun was holding the vase was also starting to glow blue as well.

Erica: That's right. Nice and slowly. Don't try to rush it.
Zerra: You're doing well Jun. (murmurs)

Zerra notice that Jun's expression change from exhaustion to pain. She was about to come closer to him but Erica place a hand on her shoulder to stop her.

Zerra: What are you doing? (looks at Erica)
Erica: This is the closest that he's gotten. If you interrupt now, it'll all be wasted.
Zerra: But...he's in pain.
Erica: A little discomfort won't kill him. Besides, you should trust your Master more.
Zerra: I do. It's just that....I can't bare to see him like that.
Erica: It's for his sake.