Chapter Thirty Six

In an unexpected twist, Dianna purposely missed Zerra and revealed that Victor was her true objective.Dianna points her crossbow at Valerie, who was in disbelief. Part of Victor's body was torn apart as he lies motionless on the ground. The Queen cautiously approach the vampire to check on his condition. She notice that his body was already starting to heal itself but in a slow pace.

Queen's Voice: Zerra, he's starting to regenerate. It won't be long until he'll be back at full strength. Kill his Master before he recovers.

Zerra, who was still in a daze, come back to her senses once she heard the Queen's voice in her head.

Zerra: U-Understood...(murmurs)

Sensing that something was different with Dianna, Zerra stands next to her. They have a conversation without taking their eyes off of Valerie.

Zerra: What's going on? Why'd you do something like that?
Dianna: I'm not her Servant anymore.
Zerra: What...?

Valerie couldn't believe what she just heard. Despite her wound, Valerie force herself to get on her knees.

Valerie: That's...not possible...(coughs)

Dianna: But it is. As of now, you are no longer my Master. Victor's Noble Phantasm was rendered useless. I....am free.
Valerie: How...? How can that be...?

Dianna points at Jun, much to everyone's surprise.

Dianna: Its because of him.
Valerie: Wh-What...?
Zerra: Jun? He...did something?
Dianna: That shock wave from earlier. It was made of the mana that he has been absorbing all this time. I believe that what released me from Victor's bind.
Zerra: Now that you've mentioned it, it did felt different.
Valerie: That brat was able to cancel out a Noble Phantasm? Is...there no limit to what he can do...? (coughs)
Dianna: Well, it doesn't matter if you believe me or not. But that doesn't matter since I'll end your life. You'll pay for humiliating me. You treated me like some personal toy. As a Dragon, my pride was tarnished! I'll have your head! (eyes glow)

Just then, Jun shouts in pain before collapsing to the ground nex to Nia. Zerra and the Queen quickly goes to his side while Dianna continues keeping an eye on Valerie.

Zerra: Jun! What happened?! Speak to me!
Queen's Voice: Master!

Jun: S-Sorry about that. It's alright. I'm...I'm fine. That last amount of mana had some kick.
Zerra: Jun, are you saying that you did it? You managed to absorb all the mana?

Jun: Yeah, it...was harder than expected. Now, I have to return some of Nia's mana.
Queen's Voice: You have to do it now. Her face had gone pale.
Jun: Zerra, could you place my hand on hers? I think I can't move. My body is still adjusting to the amount of mana I just absorbed.
Zerra: Of course.

Zerra takes Jun's hand and place it over Nia's. Mana slowly starts to flow from Jun to Nia. Moments later, the color of Nia's face returns to normal, although she was coming in and out of consciousness.

Jun: How is she?
Zerra: Don't worry Jun. I think she'll be fine now.
Jun: Thank goodness.

Jun gives a sigh of relief as he was finally able to relax. Meanwhile, Dianna's crossbow was starting to glow red as she aims at Valerie.

Dianna: Hear that? Your plan has hit rock bottom. It's over Valerie. You're done.
Valerie: No, it's not over yet.
Dianna: Give it up. The Grail won't be making it's appearance.

Valerie goes quiet for a moment. Dianna then notice that Valerie's body was emitting a dark aura around her. Feeling the pressure from it, Dianna steps back a bit as she keeps her guard up.