Chapter Thirty Four

Jun has successfully summoned his most powerful familiar so far, the Queen. With her help, things was looking good as Valerie had the disadvantage this time. The Queen prepares to attack Valerie, who just summoned several new black arms behind her. Jun talks to the Queen by thinking what he was going to say to her. 

Jun: Queen, I'll leave her to you. Buy me some time. (thinks to self)

The Queen looks at Jun and nods as a reply, indicating that she heard what he was thinking. With everything planned, the Queen launch herself toward Valerie once more. At the same time, Jun runs to where Nia was. Valerie sees him.

Valerie: I won't let you get near her.

Two black arms from the pack goes for Jun. The Queen change direction and now was targeting them instead of Valerie. She quickly makes her way to the black arms and swats them both away with a swing of her sword. Unfortunately, one of the arms quickly recovers and manage to pass through her and made its way to Jun, who only realize it.

Jun: Oh shit...(murmurs)

He stops moving and covers himself up, preparing for the worst. Just before the arm could crush him, Kuro comes out of nowhere and slice it to pieces. The arm then turns into black smoke before disappearing.

Jun: Y-You...Thanks....(looks at Kuro)

Without saying anything, Kuro joins the Queen in her fight against Valerie. Knowing that those two had his back, Jun made his way to where Nia was.

Jun: Sorry I took so long, Nia. Are you alright?
Nia: Y-Yes. I'm sorry that Kuro just got back. During his current state, he can't recover that quickly. He was knocked hard earlier.
Jun: It's fine. I'm just glad that he's here to give the Queen a hand.
Nia: It's not permanent.
Jun: What?
Nia: His Noble Phantasm won't last long. He'll disappear soon.
Jun: Then we'll need to get you out of here. I promised your brother that I would save you.

Jun breaks the chain that was restraining Nia by turning them into mana. Once she was free, he looks at the fight between the two Servants against Valerie. They were trying to get to her but the black arms were in the way.

Jun: While they keep her busy, I need to get you somewhere--.

Jun grabs Nia by the arm but a strong force pushes him back. Nia suddenly falls face first to the ground and remains motionless but was still conscious.

Jun: What the hell....? What just happened? Nia, a-are you alright?
Nia: I'm fine. But...I feel really...weak all of a sudden...

Jun notice that mana particles continue to emit from her body as they shoot up high in the air.

Jun: Your mana is still being drained. How can that be?

While keeping the Queen and Kuro at bay with her black arms, Valerie sees what just happened to Jun and Nia.

Valerie: You're too late, Master Jun. You can't stop it.
Jun: What? (looks at Valerie)
Valerie: Once the process of extracting her mana begins, no one can stop it. Once all her mana is gone, the Grail will finally be summoned...whether it likes it or not.
Jun: That...can't be...!
Valerie: But it is.

Jun tries to touch Nia but again, a strong force was preventing him from doing so.

Valerie: You can't make contact with her at this point. The mana flowing from her body is more dense. Its like a strong shield that's covering her body.
Jun: Then, I'll just have to kill you. That should stop everything. (looks at Valerie)
Valerie: You think you can?
Jun: By myself, no. But I'm not alone.

The Queen and Kuro backs off for a moment as Jun regroups with them. The three holds a conversation with the Queen talking to them through telepathy. As they talk, the Queen and Kuro doesn't let their guards down and keeps an eye on Valerie.